Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autocross results: I autocross for a hobby. Competed last year with a modified Subaru 2.5RS in STS. I decided to take the Tib to a test and tune day.
It handled very well right off the showroom floor. Balance is excellent with neutral steering. No need to adjust anti-sway bars. Oversteer and understeer and very controllable with throttle and timing. The suspension was a little softer than I would like. It allowed the nose to raise with the throttle down causing tire slip in straight lines and understeer in fast cornering. Transitions were relatively smooth with quick suspension recovery but showed obvious limits in the slalom. Too much body roll.
The alignment was a little off. The left front wheel looked to be about 0 degrees camber. This caused me to understeer in right turns.
I think with a better set of tires and a competition alignment, the car will do well in the Stock class. I'll find out when the season starts next month.

<hr noshade width=60% size=1 align=left>

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Question, how did you get your hands on the '03 tib already? Are they in showrooms already? I was wondering how the new tib would handle. I'm glad to here that it is pretty good.

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>Timothy Zacher
1991 Excel Evo II Rally Project
#346 N
Des Moines, WA
http://www.geocities.com/nwhec/

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a GT on the 4th of February for my wife after she totaled her '99 FX. It has the UltrSports package 3 with 6-speed and ABS brakes. They are in most dealerships in small numbers. I'm buying a second one for me as soon as the dealership can get another one with that package. A lot of the dealerships are ripping people off by tagging on an extra $2000 for dealer profit. Lee Hyundai of Fayetteville, NC isn't doing that. Those other dealerships are trying to charge Lee Hyundai that extra $2000 so they're having a hard time getting me one. Can you believe it? They're even ripping off eachother!

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts