Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I haven't been here in forever, but I need some help/advice. My 01 Tib is acting a fool. It's having a hard time accelerating. I mean, sometimes it accelerates nicely, then others it seems to take forever to just get to 70 MPH. Also, it's making some weird hissing noises when I try to get up to speed on the highway. I can't exactly tell where the noise is coming from, but it seems to be coming from two places as best as I can tell - from around the headers and from near the exhaust. Also, my car is only getting about 20 MPG highway on a good day. My plugs are new, all of my filters are new, etc. I just don't know what could be doing it. Granted she just passed over 100k miles, but this problem has been going on for awhile now.

Also, something seems to be out of whack with my front end, as well. When I brake on the highway (it only seems to be when I'm at speed that it does this) it feels like my car is pulling extremely hard to the left. When I brake at lower speeds, it feels like my car is bouncing. Any ideas what could be causing these problems? Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
youll have to look into the suspension issues more.

did you ever get your manifold replaced from the recall? stock manifold? it could be cracked or you could have a leak it sounds like

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the manifold replaced once, but it was before the recall. I went in for something and they told me that it was cracked and replaced it. Then, I got the recall and didn't do anything about it since I had it replaced once already. Maybe I should've gotten it looked at a second time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts