Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today at work about 11:30am a huge breaker box fell on my foot and landed on my big toe right between the toenail and the toe. It immed. turned black and purple and began to blood clot. I walked around on it for awhile (it bled some) and it was hurting pretty bad. Well after lunch I was limping around and limped onto a freaking rusty roofing nail! It went straight through my shoe and into my heel, began to bleed like crazy. After that I decided it best to call it a day and go home. Its been about 3-4 yrs since my last tetnus shot, should I go get another one? They are good for 10yrs I believe, what do you think ?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Tetanus shots typically are good for 10 years, but you may still want to get your big toe checked for a fracture and while they're checking your big toe have them look at your heel too and make sure no peices of metal are left up in your foot.

Talk about bad luck, don't worry tomorrow should be much better :).

[Edited by Doc on Jan 19, 2006 2:29 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
i was playing football about 4 moths ago with cleats that were too small. i dug in one time really good, and it felt like my big toe nail ripped off. my toe nail has been black and blue ever since.:ermm:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah I dont want no workers comp. I'll be back at work tommorow, workers comp pays crap lol I need money too bad! I just awoke from a nap, my foot hurts lol Any suggestions on what I should do to help keep the swelling of my toe down besides just motrin? Its getting huge....

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
i think its like what, 8 hours before you can't use ice anymore to help swelling. atleast that was the case with my wisdom teeth.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My entire toenail (big toe) is black and purple, I hope I dont lose it lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
i see that all the time at work. mostly people jamming thumbs in doors or machinery. stuff like that.

one of the things we do for blood clotting under the nails is a hot needle or paperclip pressed into the nail untill it pops through, allowing the blood and pressure out. it's immediate pain relief, then some AB's to prevent infections.

the doc will probably think its still archaiac and dangerous, but it works..

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Originally posted by Medic_01
[body]
i see that all the time at work. mostly people jamming thumbs in doors or machinery. stuff like that.

one of the things we do for blood clotting under the nails is a hot needle or paperclip pressed into the nail untill it pops through, allowing the blood and pressure out. it's immediate pain relief, then some AB's to prevent infections.

the doc will probably think its still archaiac and dangerous, but it works..
[/body]
I know a lot of the carpenters will take a drill bit and do the same thing... that way your not putting addtional pressure on the nail, but still making the hole...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it steady pussed water stuff all night out of it. My heel is soar as hell today.... My toe doesnt feel much better and it pretty swelled, Im soaking it in epson salt now , it will probably start to puss again.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well over the weekend it stopped pussing and started building up pressure under the toenail. Around lunchtime today at work I was in quite a bit of pain with it throbbing. I took my screwgun and a small drill bit (sterilized it best I could, it was new) and drilled a small hole in the center of my toenail. I did hit a bit of meat (which hurt) but it started draining right away and was immed. relief. So now Im going to clean it real good and soak it. Maybe the toenail wont come off now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts