Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Hyundai Accent GLS with only 600k on it and I am getting around 350k per tank. Is this normal? What is everyone alse getting?

I don't drive to fast and 100% of it is in the city and under 70 km/h.:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
dustorian said:
I have a 2007 Hyundai Accent GLS with only 600k on it and I am getting around 350k per tank. Is this normal? What is everyone alse getting?

I don't drive to fast and 100% of it is in the city and under 70 km/h.:confused:
city mileage is worse than highway mileage. i live in the U.S. so i only know MPG... cant help you much there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started out like that as well. I got about 350kms per tank then it slowly went up as my mileage racked up. I now have 24000km on the odometer. about to get my 4th oil change and I just scored over 500kms on my last tank. Every time I fill up I put 37-40 liters in the tank. I use mymilemaker.com to track my mileage online. I get about 12.1km/L which converts to 28.5MPG.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea all new cars from the factory have bad gas mileage just don't drive at a steady speed for a few more 100 kms and the gas mileage will improve fast. Vary your speed. I have 30 000kms on my 2006 Accent last tank i got 7.9L/100 km which is about 33 MPG. but i do all highway driving and i never go above 110. It's the RPMS on the accents that kill it. 3500 RPM at 120kms no wonder we're burning so much gas. I get the same gas mileage as my buddies 2007 civic in the city but nothing near to what he gets on the highway. Key is to drive slow on the highway that works for me.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i have an '01 gs ... i got it at 79009km... and since then my best tank has been 551km. I put 37l into it I believe. it was the only good tank i really had though. i usually get lik 375-420km/tank!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have just over 14000km on mine and usually get just under 500km when the gas light comes on. but when i first got the car in april i was getting around 400km per tank. i also drive the sh!t out of it, lol:D

·
Registered
687 Posts
You will need to break in your engine a tad bit more before you will have better mileage.

I know most engines require a good 2k mile break in period w/regular oil changes at 500-1000 and 2k to make sure that nothing occurs to the engine. Well, ASE techs recommend it, but most people dont do it.

Howie~

·
Registered
463 Posts
so.. my work sells these things that are supposed to save you gas and you'll get better gas mileage... check it out Save Fuel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ok Great. I thought It was something wrong. thanx everyone.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
truth is accents suck at mpg anyway. My friends Corolla S getss better gas mileage AND has more power. For a car with only 124bhp it sure does keep up pretty well with my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts