Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all im only getting 240 kms per tank with a 1.5 auto car seems to run fine except the oil is dirty before its time,im lost on this one hyundai says i should be getting around 400 kms per tank

[Edited by sweet-ride on Oct 10, 2005 11:39 PM]

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
wow that is crapy ass mileage are you sure it isn't leaking out? :dead:

[Edited by C-DUBYA on Oct 10, 2005 1:59 AM]

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
my excel 1.5 auto gets at LEAST 300kms to a tank... i beat the hell out of it most of the time... and the tank only holds just over 30 litres

what gives? :puzzled:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
oh yeah... I've got two holes in my fuel lines that are leaking pretty badly...

and I'm still kicking your ass in gas mileage. what the hell? are you just running super rich? when was the last time you checked your air filter and 02 sensors?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i should say 240 kms but still i feel its bad,the car has 62000 kms on it seems to run fine

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
check the air filter and replace you fuel filter.. most likely i would guess it is the o2 sensor gone bad.. i used to get 350kms to a tank replaced my o2 a few months back and get 550 now...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by spikie
[body]
check the air filter and replace you fuel filter.. most likely i would guess it is the o2 sensor gone bad.. i used to get 350kms to a tank replaced my o2 a few months back and get 550 now...
[/body]
Thanks for the info did your check engine light come on at all,mine isnt on at this point,thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The hyundai dealer says mass air flow senser gone bad is there any tests i can make so i dont waist 300 bucks on this thing

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well if the mass air flow meter don't work then take it back. They will make it right with you.. If not contact hyundai customer service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts