Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the turbo, but i only have the 1.8l beta, what can i do to make the turbo work, i've already been told that the only thing i'd have to do is change the tuning in the motec. Is there anything else that i would have to do? If that is the only thing, would it be a safe idea for me to take it to a speed shop and have them do it or is there another way? thanks for the help

<hr noshade width=60% size=1 align=left>97 Hyundai Tiburon...all stock...for now...

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
You would be safe taking it to a speed shop. That's the beauty of the Motec, a lot of shops can tune it.

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>"Hey, if my prize is your foot up my arse... its still a prize.... " - <b>WhoopOi</b>

<a href="http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com">Shop.HyundaiPerformance.Com</a>, your one-stop shop for Hyundai performance parts (coming soon)

·
Registered
178 Posts
The bore diameter of the 18L engine is exactly the same as the 2.0L engine, the only difference is in the stroke - therefore the pistons we supply you with are aready lower the compression ratio for the turbocharger - the tuning will not be very far out for the 18.L engine, and will probably only run slightly richer than the 2.0L map - there will not be much tuning that will need to be done to the map to get it right - what I do ask of you if anyone installs this onto a 1.8L engine, is to PLEASE send us the tuned map once completed and we will OK it or NAY it .... if there are any issues or changes that need to be made for us to approve the tuning, we will make them and re-send the files to you to upload to the unit.

REMEMBER - Bad tuning will reflect badly on the turbo kit itself - this is why we want to be involved every step of the way to make sure both yourself and we are totally happy and satisfied with the final results!

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>Tiburon Turbo 350KW and 700NM AKA Black Monster

1 - 3 of 3 Posts