Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi ppl.

right now I am doing a engine swap on mi Scoupe, these are the pictures:

I'm having right now one problem, and it's the engine mounts at the cross member. but i'm working on it.

to answer some questions:

Accent '97-99-Beta swap:
stock tranny.
stock axels
stock wiring with the tiburon/lantra ECU
just have to custom made the pass side engine mount.
lantra/tibu flywheel with scoupe turbo '93-'95 pressure plate, lantra/tibu or scoupe turbo clutch disk and accent release bearing.
elantra/tibu starter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm wandering if any year tib tranny will fit a 1.5l sohc in the 2000 accent without any wire changes cuz i want better gear ratios???

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have read that the accent tranny has better gear ratios for the 1/4 mile ( 0.2 sec faster) and for autocross than the tib tranny.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey guys ! i have a list here you might be interested in
look for the motor and find the maf&injectors
ENGINE----INJ,COL----FLOW/MIN
4g15........yellow......180cc/min
4g37........white.......210cc/min
4g67........white.......210cc/min
4g61........orange......210cc/min
4g61T.......grey........390cc/min
4g63........black.......240cc/min
4g63T.......blue........450cc/min
4g63T.......yellow......510cc/min
4g64........green.......275cc/min
4g93........(((?))).....(((?)))
4g93T.......white.......390cc/min

the injectors listed above should be replaced with the maf sensor for better results

:paranoid:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by pr1
[body]
eh... wrong for both of you.. I used to own a 2nd gen RS eclipse..

here you go, for the 2nd gen (95-99) eclipses

RS & GS had a 2.0L chrystler 420a
GS Spyder had a non-turbo 4g64 2.4l motor
GS-T, GS-X and GS-T Spyder had a 4G63-t

I know for a fact that the GS Spyder is the oddball.. it does NOT have the 420a in it. There were several aftermarket turbo's (hahn racecraft, star performance) for the RS and GS but they would NOT fit on the GS Spyder.
[/body]

I know Im the new guy but pr1 is totally right with that info. I know mitus and toyotas and that is correct.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have a 99 accent and read this whole post. and one question i have is, im looking at spending 3k on the beta engine,wiring with the tiburon/lantra ECU,lantra/tibu flywheel,lantra/tibu clutch disk and accent release bearing, lantra/tibu starter. and this is all i would need also...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys:

I have one question.I wont replace my engine on mine car Hyundai Accent 1.3 86 ks 12 V 2000 with Scupe 2.0 16V engine but i dont know it is that posible.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
if i can se the cc of your accent mabe you are from Grecce.
hyundaiclub.gr me to idio nick
and if you mean coupe and no scoupe wat year is the car that you are tallking.if it is
elantra from 01 and after or coupe 03 and after tote maby you can do it .but you will nead and the hall wires of the car or a veryveryvery good elektromaster(ilektrologo)
now because my english are not so good and if you are from my country you know were to find me. just read my post

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 95' accent gt with the 1.5 dohc... i plan on swapping motor and tranny for the beta but thats about all i know. what all from the tib do i need for the swap? can i keep a/c? if not does that effect heater? car is a daily driver, if any one could help fill in the details i would be grateful.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by EE_Chris
[body]
Excellent information - Thanks a lot.

So it would seem the Beta1 engine from the 97-01 Tiburons into a 95-99 X3 Accent is the hot ticket, and now after re-reading the Grocery List thread ( http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=21181 ) it makes a lot more sense.

So now, where can I find engine information on the Beta1, such as cam profiles, bore, stroke, rod length, compression ratio, open/closed deck....that sort of thing?

EDIT: Found it at ( http://www.hmaservice.com ). What a gem that site is!

Can these engines be procured through the dealership at a 'relatively' low cost, under 5k or so? I'm not really a big e-bay fan.

And a Q about the axle and tranny mount situation: I've never shortened axles before (but am technically/mechanically inclined), is there a how-to somewhere detailing this, or this there a totally stock alternative? As far as the mounts go, you say one will have to be professionally done, what do you mean by that? And as far as the tranny mount goes when using a Tiburon tranny, is this a stock piece, or another professional piece?

EDIT 2nd: According to this thread ( http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=20565 ) it would seem that using the Accent tranny allows use of the Accent axles as well, however, one thing they make mention of are the mounts, and that it seems the 97-99 are better candidates than the 95-96.

What other little odd-n-ends are there between the 95-99 Accents that would make one model year (or range) better suited to this Beta1 swap?

[Edited by EE_Chris on Mar 11, 2003 4:52 AM]

[Edited by EE_Chris on Mar 11, 2003 5:07 AM]
[/body]
hello everybody!! Am in a search for a beta motor from Hyundai Tiburon(2.0 16V) and have something to ask:

Is the 1997 Sonata 2.0 motor the SAME AS Tiburon(1997-2001) 2.0 beta ??????

would be really grateful for a fast answer!!!
Kennman

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1999 Elantra 5-spd that has the frame bent in the front so i cant drive it anymore and am interested in buying an accent and swapping out my beta motor into the accent. Will the shift linkages from the elantra fit the accent correctly? My elantra was automatic but my friends and I swapped it to 5-spd successfully so I have good experience into what I am getting myself into with this beta motor swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen many people talk about the motor swaps in regards to the Accents/Excels...My question though is...Seeing as I've already purchased a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0L...is there a motor swap/upgrade out there for it? I know with the right amount of money I could put most any motor in it, but most swaps wouldn't be worth the money, time, or effort. I was thinking 1G Eclipse (4g63t) maybe. I was born and raised on Nissans myself this is my first Hyundai it'd be great to swap an sr20det into a Tibby :-D but I believe there would be serious drivetrain issues since the Tib is a fwd, and the Siliva's are rwd...never hurts to dream though.

Thanks in Advance,
Kevin

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm kind of curious to find out what options are there for newer Accent owners. (LC2 if I recall). I have an '04 Accent and am curious to what swaps would be okay for my car.

So far I've learned a lot from reading all of this info ;):

·
Registered
311 Posts
Amazing how many people read thru three pages of people telling them if you have an alpha engine,it IS possible to get the Beta in there,yet two posts later 5 people ask if they can get the beta in their alpha powered accent...

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey there. new to this. i recently bought a 97 j2 lantra (as they are called here). it has a 1.8 beta in it at the moment but i wish to transplant a proton m21 engine in it (commonly used in mitsu's same as a mitsu engine) do i need to change the gearbox too? any bodywork required to make the transplant? or should it just b a straightforward engine swap?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
new to swappin scene what are the possible swaps for an 03 2.0 I4 tiburon without puttin in the v6... id rather keep the four for better boosting any help?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i need to know if a 2001 2.0 beta will swap into my LC2accent. or would i just have to get an 03 tib beta. now much difference in years i know my tranny will match but what about the sensors computers and stuff like that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I have been looking and looking for an answer to this question and have come up unsuccessful.

Currently I have Excel X2 Shell, 4G63T engine and f5m33 transmission (eagle talon turbo)

However I'am having trouble with axles . What kind of axles do I need to install to make this work? Tired a pair of axles from turbo colt that did not work.

Thr33d

[Edited by thr33d on May 29, 2006 1:53 PM]

61 - 80 of 109 Posts