Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 Tib. Is there a motor that i can swap that would be worth the time and money or would it be better to keep the motor i have in the car?

thanx
helv

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone compared a beta/betaII 2.0L to a new Mitsubishi 2.0L?They look pretty similar (both mounted on the passenger side), and it wouldn't surprise me if the bellhousing/engine mount patterns were the same and possibly the head bolt pattern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can someone help me out here.. im close to buying an elantra motor for my 95 accent.. am I able to get an elantra motor 2.0 1996 and up for my 95 accent? I really dont wana buy the wrong motor and get told "no refunds or exchanges"

also the tranny doesnt have to be changed right? just the accent tranny will die out faster? or is it just that it performs better with the other tranny?

I signed up in another hyundai forum and i had dozens of views on this question yet no replies.. it seems these forums seem to be the most knowlegable tho hopefully someone answers/.. thanks in advance...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah you got the right motor and no you dont need to switch the tranny that 95 has one of the best trannys made by hyundai

netkilla said:
can someone help me out here.. im close to buying an elantra motor for my 95 accent.. am I able to get an elantra motor 2.0 1996 and up for my 95 accent? I really dont wana buy the wrong motor and get told "no refunds or exchanges"

also the tranny doesnt have to be changed right? just the accent tranny will die out faster? or is it just that it performs better with the other tranny?

I signed up in another hyundai forum and i had dozens of views on this question yet no replies.. it seems these forums seem to be the most knowlegable tho hopefully someone answers/.. thanks in advance...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Help!!!!! Stop Holding Vital Info Back - X2 4g63 Excel Owners

IM BEGGING FOR -ALL- MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL DETAILS ON THE X2 4G63 SWAP!!! NIPPON-MOTORS.COM HAS A 4G63 NON TURBO LISTED FOR $595 IM GOIN TO PURCHASE WITHIN THREE WEEKS - - - WHAT TRANSMISSION (SPECIFY VEHICLE MODEL AND YRS) SHOULD I USE - - - AND IM JUST GOIN TO GOT TO DRIVESHAFTSHOP.COM FOR MY -CUSTOM- AXLES- - - PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO E-MAIL [email protected] WITH ANY DETAILS- - -AS I HAVE READ MY ENGINE CODE IS A 4G15 IN A 93 HYUNDAI EXCEL (BASE)
AND MY ENGINE IS MITSU-BASED SO IT SHOULD BE EASY TO SWAP IN A 4G63....PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AND IF THE INFO IS POSTED SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THIS SITE PLEASE LEMME KNO.....TO ADD MORE INFO I LIVE IN WESTERN KY AND ECLIPSE PARTS CARS ARE IN EXTREME ABUNDANCE (FOR SOME REASON)- - - !!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!! ANY INFO WOULD HELP AND GOD PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION 4 I WILL POST IT ON HERE AND DO ALL THE WORK SO NO ONE ELSE HAS TO RESEARCH AS HARD AS I HAVE....THANKS -RICHARD

ANOTHER THING ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT THIS SWAP WELL PLEASE END IT HERE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
whatup everyone. ive gott an 03 v4 hyundai tiburon and im debating either doing an engine swap or mayb just fixing up the stock engine. any suggestions, hook ups ect.
id really appreciate yall helpin me out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey im new on here and have a 2000 tibron with the 2.0l auto and was going to do a tranny swap cause i cant stand the auto, i recently found a 2003 elantra 2.0L with the 5 speed and all the crap and was just wondering if that would bolt up to my tibron, i know there is wiring and computer changing and what not else to do but i just wanted to make sure that it would all work before i started

·
Registered
4 Posts
id engind codes

hi ummm this is all very good but i still dont understand how to identif an engine can sum 1 plz post up the engine codes ???
plus lookin at what has bin posted i wont hav any problems puttin a 1.6 16v in my 98 accent as i cant find a 1.5 mvi which is oem im not lookin to do a massive swap out i just want to know if the 1.6 is a normal swap and easylie done? many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
New

Hi Im new here , Ive seen and heard the hype bout the 4g63t swaps, now insted of the 2.0 can i drop a 4g61t from a colt(1.8) in my 88 excel GL ? This form is very old so im not sure if ppl still go on here, Im allso new to mitsu's , as you can tell by my screen name im a nissan junky ive had 2 240's and how i got a free 88 Excel 2door hach with 77,000 miles , looking for some more power and not haveing to spend a load. Like i said iver heard alot about the 4g63t from the first gen. eclps and seen alot about the mitsu cold 1.8 , wich would be easier? I tought the 1.8 just because its smaller and i'll have more room to work with, or should i just go all out with the 2.0 . I live in Los Angeles area I will be needing help so if anyone can email me pls do so.. All what size is the Lugs for rims? Thinking bout slaping on some new grips and goin going flant black for paint. Hope to get some answers soon TY

·
Registered
4 Posts
plz help me !!

i am lookin for the engine ident code /number ie 4g15.... for the 1.5 16v mvi motor out of my accent its a 98 car id like to know what i can put in its place with no hassel not lookin at a 2.0l a 1.6 or 1.8 would b fine as i cant find a 1.5 to replace mine as its dead . plz plz plz help me

·
Registered
56 Posts
ok i have been on here for about a week looking for information on the beta swap. i have hear many different views. i have a 99 accent i bought a 2.0 from an elantra i want to use the accent trans, i know i need the passanger side mount. what else do i need to make it run, ive heard just a flywheel, then again ive heard a flywheel and a clutch, if so what years. then on to wiring will a elantra ecu plug n play or do i need the wiring harness to. is it possible to run the motor with the alpha ecu. someone that really knows the answers please reply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MR Conversion

it's been happening with the Honda tuners for awhile, but i was wondering if any of the hyundai accent tuners had any luck of instead of AWD or Front engined with rear wheel why not convert it to a Mid engined Rear wheel drive? think about it? we will still be using the stock engines just somethings that needs to be changed out like the steering rack,exhaust systems,maybe even suspension work. i've been spotting Integras, CRXs, Del Sols with MR conversion with stock and upgraded motor. out of research the only way to get a bigger engine into the accent is through this method. the V6 Delta engine(i think) should be able to fit in it. i noticed no one speaks about this subject before, but anyways just some food for thought. i'Ve spotted some of them on magazines and from the honda tech forums.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys can someone please tell me if the 2.4 ltr Mitsubishi 4G64 lump will fit in my X3 Accent and whether it will give me a significant power increase over the 2.0 ltr beta block. Am I right to believe that they are the basically exactly the same engine or am I making a beginners mistake? Heres a picture of a 4G64 lump I think it will fit in my Accent as the orientation is the same whereas the 4G63 orientation is reversed, what do you guys all think?

I'd really like to know if I'm on to something here or chasing a wild goose. Please let me now your thoughts on this subject as that site has these blocks readily available and pretty much complete and they're at a great price.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts