Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome

I'm from Poland but now I live in Denmark and I have a Hyundai Elantra J2 1.6 DOHC. I changed the suspension to Koni Sport shock absorbers and springs Vogtland. I'm looking for information that will be good for the engine swap. I think 4G63 turbo engine but I do not know if there will be good. Where can I make the swap? Do you need to handle a lot? What should I do in addition?

[email protected]

Thank You for all informations

·
Registered
2 Posts
help! I have a 97 accent gt 2.0

wow, chris you pretty much covered it all i can't really think of anything other than:

2000-20002 accents are LC's and 2003+ are LC2.

GK is the chassis code for 2003+ Tiburons

RD is for 1997-2001 Tiburons.

Early elantras are known as J1 and J2 respectively. the 2001+ Elantra's are XD

The newer Tiburon's and elantra's have beta2 engines which have a different cam profile.

any other questions feel free to ask. i'll make this post sticky.
I have a 97 accent gt, i swap the engine for a beta 2 2003 tib engine, i want to know if the original ecu from the 1.5 dohc engine is obd1 or obd 2, and also if it is compatible with the 97 1.8 avante´s ecu, the original gt ecu has 2 oxigen sensors, one before the cat and another one afther the catalytic, does anyone know if the 97 avante has the same o2 sensors? i am using the 1.8 avante´s ecu in the beta 2 tibu engine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
beta swap 1.8L
accent tranny
accent axels
pressure plate: scoupe turbo
clutch disc: scoupe turbo
no fan removed
next thing: instal a/c
computer: 2.0L from a elantra 2000
any doubts send me a e-mail at [email protected]
i'm in PR.

:rambo::gasmask::evil::chinese::??::pirate:
This is my first time here and I woul pretty much be doing the engine swap for the Accent. I am thinking about buying a new accent tree door and preparing the car as strictly racing car in my country. What do you think about the three door model

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 1995 hyundai accent and i was wondering what engine i can put in it to get the most results. i intend to do all the work so the least amount of modifiactions would be best but it they are necessary then i will do it

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow, chris you pretty much covered it all i can't really think of anything other than:

2000-20002 accents are LC's and 2003+ are LC2.

GK is the chassis code for 2003+ Tiburons

RD is for 1997-2001 Tiburons.

Early elantras are known as J1 and J2 respectively. the 2001+ Elantra's are XD

The newer Tiburon's and elantra's have beta2 engines which have a different cam profile.

any other questions feel free to ask. i'll make this post sticky.
So I have a 2013 accent, I’ve read everything and got quite confused so im gonna read again. But I didn’t really see anything on newer accents beings swapped! I’m looking to put a 2.0l in my car just don’t wanna start and not be able to finish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After almost 2 decades, all the new members still seem to be bombarding this thread with useless stuff and keep posting the same stuff throughout it's almost hilarious. This thread went downhill so fast since it first started and got super off topic and stayed off topic for the longest time lol. Crazy

101 - 110 of 110 Posts