Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a battery for a friend with a 01 accent 1.5L. The guys at auto zone and napa said they cant help me. What should I be looking for? Voltage? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
147 Posts

well... there should be a book there to tell u what model of battery to use... anyways... the more amps like cold cranking amps the battery has the eiser ur car will start in the winter and stuff cuz when a battery is cold it loses some of its power... anyways or if those stupid guys wont help u go to walmart.... dont forget to take ur orignal battery in for a 15 buck discount or something 2.... but yeh its not really a big deal just a marketing scheme.... no matter what battery u buy if its good the car will start :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
mt26r is the part number for an interstate

I have an optima red top in mine that fits with some modification to the battery tray it is a great battery but expensive compared to normal wet cell batteries.

·
Registered
332 Posts
llaccentll said:
I'm trying to find a battery for a friend with a 01 accent 1.5L. The guys at auto zone and napa said they cant help me. What should I be looking for? Voltage? Thanks for all the help!
well after buying my red top optima battery about 4 years ago and still going strong i will never buy another battery for my vehicle.

any of the optimas should have more than enough juice to run yourt friendds car and i bought my battery from autozone and if they cannot give you any info then they are full of **** because i used to work at autozone and they have a battery for any application.

go to autozone.com and check it out for yourself

·
Registered
687 Posts
Optima batteries are kinda...

Over rated? I mean, they're great batteries, dont' get me wrong... But unless you're running a decent system, or doing anything that drains a decent amount of juice, it's not really usefull. Running a wetcell battery is often time the best for most D/D's. The best reliability and priced battery I've ever seen is the Kirkland brand batteries that are sold @ Costco. If I'm not mistaken, they're just rebadged Diehard batteries, and they're a LOT cheaper.

Howie~

·
Registered
737 Posts
surprisingly we get good life out of our interstates here at the shop.

You can't go wrong with a gel cell battery though.
I run a 12 pound odyssey jet ski battery in the turbo car and i've had no problems with cold start in 20-30 degree weather. I'm pretty happy with my gel cell batteries.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Asian_907 said:

Over rated? I mean, they're great batteries, dont' get me wrong... But unless you're running a decent system, or doing anything that drains a decent amount of juice, it's not really usefull. Running a wetcell battery is often time the best for most D/D's. The best reliability and priced battery I've ever seen is the Kirkland brand batteries that are sold @ Costco. If I'm not mistaken, they're just rebadged Diehard batteries, and they're a LOT cheaper.

Howie~
well i got my optima because i was going to modify under the hood to do a cold air intake on my x3 so the battery is sitting sideways but now i am going to move it to the trunk which is the bast battery for doing that due to no harmful fumes like normal wet cell batteries

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i've yet to be able to find the exact same battery for the LC that was in there originally. Obvously the dealer would have it, but just get something close to what the original was and it won't matter. i had to cut some pieces off my battery to get it to fit

·
Registered
715 Posts
Asian_907 said:

Howie~
I disagree. My GF left her lights on for a 10 hour shift at work came out the car started. I didn't need to come out to give her a boost its more than worth it. I have had the same Optima Yellow top in my last 3 cars the battery has out lasted the cars I've bought. I now have 3 optima yellow tops for all my cars. Even at -45c These have enough juice to turn over the car (at -45 the oil is really really thick)

Costco used to sell them for like $180 an their totally worth every penny. I have never had one fail in 6 years I've used them. I cannot say that about a wet cell battery. Wet cell batteries last 3 or 4 -45 days and their all done...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts