Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am Asking this out of curiosity, i got a 2000 tib, 5spd, nice 17'' rims included, cold air intake, and custom interior paint professionally done, color dark blue, and just hit 80,000 miles.....the downsides are the syncros in the tranny are goin out, drives great just a lil grinding into 2nd, and 3rd gear, and the AC is busted, i cut the belt, all it needs is a compressor, that squeeling got old, and the sunroof wont open, it is stock, never got it looked at, so just wondering, be honest, if i sold it now how much could i get from it, and would i be better off fixing all these b4 i sell it? round 1200$ for the tranny rebuild, 300$ compressor, and i dunno bout the sunroof, will that make a big diff when i sell it?
Thanks, and be brutally honest, i want to know how to go about selling it

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, all new belts, even the AC belt was new, but it squeeled cuz of the compressor, so i cut that one off, replaced plugs and wires about a month ago, and oil change every 3,000 miles, it is in great condition, just the other stuff i listed

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Based on the Canadian Black book you are looking at around $4250 if it is in perfect working condition. Subtract some for the reconditioning you are looking at between $2500 and $3000.

Converted to USD it works out to $2000 to $2600.

These are Wholesale figures. If selling the car privately you can add about $500 to $750 to the price.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Originally posted by lisitza
[body]
Around where i live you could prob Sell it for $6,000 - $8,000 CAD with the problems you listed.
[/body]
I used to work for Burlington Hyundai and Hyundai of Oakville.

You wanted my honest opinion... If you try selling it to anyone for 6 to 8 thousand you will be waiting a very long time for a buyer. I have a 99 SE tib 5 spd. I would only expect to get about $3000 for it and everything works with reasonable mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts