Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it wasnt a real Porsche, it was that suv thing, the Cayenne Pepper thing...

neways, some guy in his mid 20's thinking he is Mr. Cool in his Porche Suv comes roaring up to the light im next to, blips the throttle twice and smiles at me. I laugh.. He glares. The light flashes green and we both go. I wanted to show off like Mr. Baddass and i do a 3k clutch drop, and light up the front end and leave in a cloud of smoke. Fvck fast launches, this one was pretty as hell. He gets the jump with no wheel spin, nothing, booooring... i catch up on the second gear shift, not just chirping the tires, but spinning them for a good 5 feet. This is when i do the look over, and smile at him, stick my tounge out, and pass him by. I back off at 90, we had gotten to a 60 zone by then... i put on the flashers and cruise at 60. But hes not done... he does this pathetic ricer fly by and then slows back down next to me. He looks over, then honks three times, on honk three i say why not? and downshift to second (yes.. second, we coasted to about 50, my seconds out at 60) and i stuff it getting the jump, and grabbing thrid right away, no chance for Mr. Cool. I smoke him, and go home laughing.:D

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Congrats :)

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
congrats..

u stuck your toungue out at him, ROTFLMAO... ahahahah

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
you beat a 340hp suv? hmmm

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
:sleepy:

you do a burnout long enough to leave a cloud of smoke coming off your 1 tire, in the meantime the porsche, which the base model has a 0-60 of 8.6 seconds, has just gunned it, and you still catch him in first?

quit lying.

·
Registered
33 Posts
LOL, you beat him on a roll? Sorry to burst your bubble but I saw your "performance" mods and headers, cai, and 3" tip is not going to be a difference maker against a Porsche Cayenne.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
LMFAO...............................................................:dead::dead:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I believe him, just cause I toyed with a boxster when I had my 97 tib. the boxter had nothing on me. we were going over 60-70 weaving in and out of traffic and I left him behind. We were also both lined up next to each other Iand I had the jump on him.

pretty cool!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
the base of those things comes with a 247hp v6 with a curb weight of 4785lbs.

Power to weight ratio: 19.3:1

Stock elantra 130hp curb 2584lbs (97 j2) 19.8:1

and he has mods that could make the match up somewhat even. The part I have a hard time beleiving is the burnouts and actually being able to take him. You waist alot of time spinning tires like that. One night when I was running flat 17s with the accent I did a burn out off the line, upps. Ended up with a 17.8... Possible vs. the v6 yes.. your version of the story. A little hard to beleive, but congrads either way. ;):

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by 1stgentibs
[body]
I believe him, just cause I toyed with a boxster when I had my 97 tib. the boxter had nothing on me. we were going over 60-70 weaving in and out of traffic and I left him behind. We were also both lined up next to each other Iand I had the jump on him.

pretty cool!
[/body]

you sure he wasn't toying with you? the very fact you had to weave around traffic means there was no space to actually race. keeping up with a fast car at speeds of 60-70mph does not mean you kept up with him. it wasn't a race period.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Originally posted by WytchDctr
[body]
the base of those things comes with a 247hp v6 with a curb weight of 4785lbs.

Power to weight ratio: 19.3:1

Stock elantra 130hp curb 2584lbs (97 j2) 19.8:1

and he has mods that could make the match up somewhat even. The part I have a hard time beleiving is the burnouts and actually being able to take him. You waist alot of time spinning tires like that. One night when I was running flat 17s with the accent I did a burn out off the line, upps. Ended up with a 17.8... Possible vs. the v6 yes.. your version of the story. A little hard to beleive, but congrads either way. ;):
[/body]
The only thing I can think of to counter that would be if the Cayenne has traction control that overreacts as bad as most cars' traction control does. I would hope Porsche would have a better system, but if it's like a normal car and you floor it with the TC on it chirps the tires, bogs down, regains it's composure and then tries to take off. Lots of cars with TC could react badly enough that it would make up for a fairly big burnout. I beat a V6 Cayenne in my S-10 Blazer 4.3l with a little work done to it.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was the v-6, there was no turbo badge, and no S badge, I had no gas, and the car was running real good that day. I only burned out for maybe 5 or so feet, possibly less. It was on assfault so the tires screached like hell.

Car and Driver got these number for the Porch, Mr. G-tech for me.

Porsche Cayenne 8.8 to 60, 16.7 1/4 mile.
Me!!! 8.4 to 60, 16.4 1/4 mile.

Yeah, i think his TC bogged him down but im not sure, i did catch him Tho. He might not have floored it all the way untill i got up to him. Call BS if you want, but i was there, and i know what happened. ;)::D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good goning Wilber. It is not always just the car it is also a driver.

Saw a Ferrari at a light he was revving & being bad ass till the green & he stalled.

More bucks than skill

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Originally posted by forcedinduction
[body]
Originally posted by 1stgentibs
[body]

pretty cool!
[/body]

you sure he wasn't toying with you? the very fact you had to weave around traffic means there was no space to actually race. keeping up with a fast car at speeds of 60-70mph does not mean you kept up with him. it wasn't a race period.
[/body]
I know he wasnt toying, he was trying. But I know rthat with few mods that boxter is fast as hell!!! I came up to a light next to one once and when it tuerned green, it took off and damn it was fast!!
So maybe stock it isnt all that fast, but with basic mods itll eat up the tibs..

Just for the record I hate that the key is on the left of the wheel. It just seems so wrong.

Oh, and I wasnt trying to keep uyp with him, he was trying to keep up with me but coudnt. I had better top end than he did. When I dropped it into 3rd, I just took off and he couldnt stay with me. He probable had an auto, cause I think that if he had a stick, he couldve dropped into third as well and walk on me, but he didnt hehe!!

I wish I had a boxster!

[Edited by 1stgentibs on Mar 11, 2006 5:21 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
i dont believe it. i also dont believe the boxster story either. i was toying with a boxter S when my SE tib was bone stock and i had the jump on him until about 110, then he started pulling and by 120 he was almost a car in front of me.... and the cayenne period has more torque than the elantra would with just those mods.... torque moves the car end of story.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
well i'm not gonna get into a pissing contest over an "almost about to become magazine race" i just dont believe u pulled like that on a stock cayenne base model period. yea its an suv, but it still has bigger balls than a non cvvt and probably 1.8L 1997 elantra with probably over 60k miles on it....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]
i dont believe it. i also dont believe the boxster story either. i was toying with a boxter S when my SE tib was bone stock and i had the jump on him until about 110, then he started pulling and by 120 he was almost a car in front of me.... and the cayenne period has more torque than the elantra would with just those mods.... torque moves the car end of story.
[/body]
whatever man. Believe what you want. . i know what happened. I just think the guy was inexperienced with the car. And traffic was light. There was some open space, so I'm not a complete dueche.

[Edited by 1stgentibs on Mar 12, 2006 5:17 AM]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts