Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to replace my high beams, lows and my foglights. Which brand of halogen lights are the whitest? I heard SilverStar ones are pretty good but im looking for others opinions. I also want to put LED's in for my running lights. Which brand of lights do you guys have in your Tibs and are they halogen or xenon? :nervous:

[Edited by lisitza on Feb 23, 2006 12:00 AM]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be great. i personally want some that are really white and/or have a slight blue color to them. But each paycheck ill buy a set of H1 then next it will be H3 athen H7's and then put them but i want to know which kind will do the best xenon or halogen

·
Registered
653 Posts
We are trying to promote our bulbs more for the retail market (we sell 10's of thousands a month wholesale), so if youre interested, i can get you a good deal on a set of our super whites.

http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai/bulbs.html

As far as your running lights goes, do you know the bulb size for it? i didnt know the 00 tibs have running lights. ive got a 01 tib, and it doesnt have it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this is ironic. tonight i got in my car and i forgot something inside so i got out of my car and looked at my headlights and one of them is burnt out. So im probably going to go with the SilverStar ones. thanks alot guys, i wish i had more time to get a more broad opinion

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry to double post but i figure it would be better than makin a new thread. but you know the small running lights on the front bumper (same bulbs as the license plate ones), well mine look shitty and yellow and i was wonderin if anyone had a solution to that. My lenses are even cloudy a bit so a way to clean them would be good or like a different type of bulb that would shine whiter (LED)?

·
Registered
87 Posts
personally i just took the bulbs out and left them empty. My small lights on front have fogged up as well, no matter how much i clean them out water seems to gather in the lense. i cant really find nething that is any brighter. and one more question. does anyone have problems blowing headlights every 3 months? mine do that on a consistant basis. no, im not touching the bulbs or anything like that, i use silverstars (which look pretty good) and i have to replace them alot. maybe condensation is just getting in my headlights, i just wanted to see of anyone else has had the same problem.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I just bought a full set of these for my 99 Tib.

DO NOT BUY THESE!

I found that these are no brighter than the factory headlights even though they claim "Nighthawk bulbs provide the brightest legal replacement light "

I wish I bought Sylvania's Silverstar set.

My friend has these in his truck and says that they are great.:puzzled:

·
Registered
301 Posts
i had a problem with my lights blowing every few months. first one would blow, then a week or two later the other would. i bought the silver star's ^^ and not only are they amazingly bright but they havent blown in quite some time, so id suggest those.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neotrix - When you put the bulbs in did you touch the bulb with your bear hands? if you did the oil off you hands greatly reduce your bulb life. (just a fact but i bet you knew it and they were just bad bulbs)

yeah ive had those silverstars for a couple days... Huge difference, they look awesome. i tihnk im gunna do what mello01tib said and take the running lights out. What i really want to do is somehow put strobes in there and run them off a switch... just so they arent completely useless. They just look like ****, i have clear corners in the mail right now and with the silverstars with my low beams the running lights look too yellow. Same with my fog lights which im replacing next paycheck so they look better

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry but do you really pay 30$ for bulb?!?! That are clearly made in china?!?! I get them for for about 5 dollars over her e :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts