Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 04 Accent with the 1.6L DOHC. And after doin some thinking I need to make 200hp (from its original 103hp) inorder to get into low 13's ET and also depending on traction. Now in your mind what do you think is the cheapest and easiest way to go about this? And I dont really feel like spraying the car because I dont think the stock internals would be able to handle it. I also have a turbo from my old civic laying around that I may consider but again will the stock motor hold up to 200hp.

·
Registered
159 Posts
200hp is extremely hard on stock internals on the 1.6 most people just swap in the tiburon or elantra motor (same thing) and then forge the crap out of it and then turbo that and you'll easily be beyond 200hp. but for the 1.6 its damn near impossible. you'll maybe get there if you turbo at like 10psi and throw like a 100 shot through it. but then it will explode. so your best bet is to swap, imo its the only way to do it right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I will be on the look out for a Beta I or II motor. Are they hard to come by? And I assume the stock internals are good for 200hp???

PS. Has there ever been a Delta motor swap into the accents at all??

·
Registered
502 Posts
don't need nitrous to run 200hp on a 1.6
on stock engine internals you rely need about 7-10 psi and a perfect turbo tuning job.
now if you want to run 200 at the wheels that a different story

(slightly altered stock ecm with a safc does not equal perfect tune.)

200whp is killer on the 1.6 engine, transmission, and axel so it might detonate try getting forged internals or swap to beta.

my friend ran 65 shot on a stock svt focus and was pushing around 350 horses so nitrous is overkill. (hes lucky he isn't dead)
yes the car blew up on the track, day after he dynoed it

people usually run betas because its a better tuning platform.

delta motors are old crap and they wont fit
rather try a theta

·
Registered
127 Posts
if u have a 04 i would just get a beta 2 same platform just need the engine everything else is all there 1.6 transmittion, 1.6 ecu, wiring harness and sensors will all work makin it easy on yah and i can pick up a beta 2 for like 300-400 over here in washington so its pretty cheap only thing u need is a clutch and your passanger engine mount moved a little bit which isnt much money to have done

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Best HP to $$$ ratio - Get rid of the Accent and get into a more mod-friendly platform. For the price of a new Accent, you can pick up a bunch of different used car that will out perform an Accent in every way.

No offense to Accent owners. Just being realistic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
well some people like building a car tha almost no one builds and takes pride he or she is being unique i have my prelude and i can easily get rid of those and get an sti or an evo but i like building cars that does not have that may options preludes are heavy and have like no options for upgrades realy no turbo kits got to build them up and **** like i know u dont mean ay negative n the subject but some people like a challange i love my accent and the way it looks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts