Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option kit upgrade for my car, and i need your comments about what is the best kit.

I don't have so much money, but i can pay 2 parts.

- Adjustable Cam Sprocket
- Lightweight Pulley Set
- 4-1 Header or 4-2-1 Header
- Ventilated disc
- Brake Pads

What upgrade make first?...

Thanks.

PD: sorry my english, i speak in spanish only :mad:

·
Registered
120 Posts
is your car a 2.0? if so yuo can go with a 1.8 intake cam that will give you more power without spending a ton!
the headers work pretty good not sure about the cam sprocket

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Iría con un sistema del producto del aire frío y un dispositivo de escape del gato-detra's del 2.25". Si hay cualquier excedente del dinero a la izquierda después consiga un múltiple del extractor 4-2-1. Pero definately consiga el producto del aire frío.

Sorry. My Spanish isn't that good either. I used a translator.;):

·
Registered
87 Posts
He,he,he nice Cottonmouth...Im from Puerto Rico...not bad at all:) If I were u Id go for the basic bolt on parts, specially in this particular order:
1- CAI
2- Header
3- Full exhaust
Then all the more expensive parts like Pulleys, Cams, BBTB, Head port yada yada!:duh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Tib is 2.0

I see Cold air intakes in 2 models, large middle and short, you know what is better for the best performance?...

mmm first buy header, but buy 4-1 o 4-2-1 ???...

Gracias a todos por sus respuestas :nervous:

Saludos.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Haha.. This is fun...

Tipo de jefe que usted consigue debe depender de qué clase de funcionamiento usted está buscando. Un jefe 4-2-1 le dará más energía a través de la gama de la RPM con la mayoría de la energía que sucede en la RPM más baja. Si usted está buscando alta energía de la RPM después consiga el 4-1.

;):

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jajajaja... this topic is in spanglish jejejeje

ok, then header setup is this?

4-1 more power in high rpms
4-2-1 more power in low rmps

If i want more speed in less time i need 4-2-1 headers?... is that correct???...

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.

Saludos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Lilo Shark
[body]
4-1 gets you more torque compared to 4-2-1.
[/body]
Ah ok, then if i want 17" wheels i need more torque, buy 4-1 header then....

Muchas Gracias.

·
Registered
91 Posts
4-2-1 header will move the powerband to the middle of the rev-range whereas the 4-1 will improve your top-end.

4-2-1 is generally considered to be better for daily driving as it beefs up the mid-range torque.

A good 4-1 should not lose any mid-range & will probably net you more overall power on the dyno.

As for spanish... Senora, una cerveza por favor ;):

[Edited by OzFxCoupe on Feb 25, 2006 4:20 PM]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by OzFxCoupe
[body]
4-2-1 header will move the powerband to the middle of the rev-range whereas the 4-1 will improve your top-end.

4-2-1 is generally considered to be better for daily driving as it beefs up the mid-range torque.

A good 4-1 should not lose any mid-range & will probably net you more overall power on the dyno.

As for spanish... Senora, una cerveza por favor ;):

[Edited by OzFxCoupe on Feb 25, 2006 4:20 PM]
[/body]
Thanks for the aclarations...

Bien, creo que vere la posibilidad de buy las poleas y luego el header.

Gracias y saludos a todos.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just like the Bush song "Machinehead" says, "breathe in, breathe out". Best mods starting out by far are what Cottonmouth suggested. (I actually understood ya!) Cold air intake, then headers (4-1 you won't be disappointed). After which point you will be addicted and probably should do the following: catback exhaust 2.25-2.5", big bore throttle body, airram intake manifold, thermo blok spacers, if you're running a 2.0 then 1.8l intake cam and ecu, 8.5mm wires and ngk(insert plug of choice) plugs.....
As far as the short and long intakes, stay away from the short ones (ram intake). Those will just pull hot air from your engine bay. Go with a true cold air intake a.k.a. C.A.I. That will pull cooler air from outside the engine bay. I don't think you'll have to worry about floods where you are my friend. Then I would worry about the suspension/brakes to control your ride becuase you'll be tearing around in it. Then pulleys, flywheel, cam sprockets...
Oh and una mas cervaza por favor!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In Chile don't have stores with afterparts for Tiburon. You know stores in usa where buy afterparts and can shipping to Chile ?...

Gracias por su ayuda.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Derek here are a couple of Redz post about the topic (everyone will tell you there's a million threads on this topic, but there's not):
It's a secret. Till it gets dyno'd. VERY few folks know about it, and as far as I know, only 3 beta1's have done this.

I tell you what.

It's like driving a new car. Almost like what the Tib SHOULD be like stock, with it's looks.

What can I tell you?

Well, I'll tell you this.

1. It cost me approximately 45 minutes to install because of a VERY hard to get to screw.

2. It cost me $19 plus S/H.

3. No CEL, and OEM parts ONLY involved.

4. Besides one other related part, Shadohh has found a few others that will work for us.

5. No CEL.

6. My car pulls from 3K to redline VERY hard now.

Don't ask me what it is. I won't say yet.

Yes, I will do a full DIY writeup on it. You learn from MY mistakes as usual. LOL

Unfortunately, unless I get told different, I can't really tell till the Dyno's come in in January.

Unless someone wants to pay for me to Dyno it.

:twisted:

Sorry if this pisses ya off, but just hold on, info is coming...

AND:

AJ helped install it, it's just ziptied off to theside till saturday.

Mang, I REALLY want to put in my cam and exhaust now.

I need to put out some props on this.

1. Man with the idea. Shadohh. VERY long time Tib Tuner, and Guinea Pig 2.

2. Man with the ballz to try it first. Zhiryst

You guys rock.

I know Redz was obviously happy with it and Zhiryst lives next to me and I've seen his car. He will attest to it. Everyone that's done it has been happy. I'm waiting for my car to come out of storage to put the one I bought from Faithofadragon in. so I can't tell you from personal experience, but give me a month. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hola mi pana chileno mira como dicen por alli lo mejor que puedes hacer para empezar es darle mas aire al motor y mas salida , eso seria con un CAI y un header y un mufler , aqui en Venezuela tampoco hay muchas tiendas que envien productos pero hay varios serv de currier en USA ademas en ebay se consiguen buenas cosas a un muy buen precio , cualquier cosa que pueda ayudarte estoy a la orden

And Hi everyone , my next post is in English :D

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Soy bastante seguro que el funcionamiento de Hyundai le enviará qué usted necesita. Si comprara cualquier cosa para mi Tiburon primero vería si lo tienen antes de que mirara en cualquier otro lugar. I mi experiencia previa los almacenes grandes que llevan las piezas para muchas marcas de fábrica de coches no sabe la primera cosa sobre templar un Hyundai. Por lo menos usted sabe eso si usted pide algo del funcionamiento de Hyundai que usted comprará algo que se ha demostrado trabajar en nuestros coches.;):

1 - 20 of 36 Posts