Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 accent. i definitely want to make a beta 2 swap but i don't know if i need a different trans axle and tranny. im pretty sure i can machine an adapter to fit the tranny but i don't know if that tranny can handle the 40-50% increases in hp. any help would be awesome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
betaII and Accent engine part compadibility?

I've been trying to find a complete beta II but so far nobody sales one... they only sale a long block. can i use existing parts from my 00' accent such as the starter, alternator, steering pump?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
you just aren't opening your eyes. everyone sells them... salvage yards that is. you can find a low mileage one for relatively cheap. and pick up a beta II transmission while you're at it... that was my transmission he was talking about. and im pretty sure the transmission was sittin on the ground by the time you got there... punk... jk.

starter = yes
alternator = yes
steering pump = no

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the difference between the beta II tranny and the accent tranny? Is it just gear ratio or is it a whole different system.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yea Accent95 on here has blown up like 18 1.6L transmissions. ok maybe not 18 but like 3 or 4 i think. and also yes the gear ratios are different too.
well I guess I wont consider buying his car then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I understand, I was just making fun of ryanolson.

I love your car, I tried to convince my parents to let me buy it but they cant understand why I would want to trade an accent for an accent.

I said cause its beta swapped and turbocharged, but they don't know what that means, oh well.

If only it was red.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I understand, I was just making fun of ryanolson.

I love your car, I tried to convince my parents to let me buy it but they cant understand why I would want to trade an accent for an accent.

I said cause its beta swapped and turbocharged, but they don't know what that means, oh well.

If only it was red.
i assume you got a 97? just say because this one is a newer model on top of being one of the most in/famous hyundais in the US. or better yet just be like you don't know what betaswapped and turboed is? that means it gets 50mpg mom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
can i use the same shifter cables from the accent for the beta II and what do i do for exhaust? Do i have to go completely custom so it will all fit or is there some kind of modification i can do to the tiburon or elantra exhaust to fit?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
can i use the same shifter cables from the accent for the beta II and what do i do for exhaust? Do i have to go completely custom so it will all fit or is there some kind of modification i can do to the tiburon or elantra exhaust to fit?

same shifter cables : yes

exhaust : either make an adapter for your current exhaust (not recommended if it's stock) or get a custom exhaust made or buy an aftermarket exhaust for the accent and then make an adapter for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts