·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question for those who have done the beta conversion
which factory ECU is used ?
the beta ?
the alpha ?
or a mix of both ? (spliced or whatever)

can the beta do all the other stuff like aircon and other accessoried, etc that the alpha does ?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i'm about to find out..

i bought a XD beta II ecu and the sfr ecu adapter..

i ordered a fresh coil pack for a beta II,

i might have it running by next week.

i just gotta work out the bug's like getting the beta crank sensor to work with the alpha harness and configure the coil plug wires which is a bitch cause i don't know which goes where

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Listen to me ppl.
Keep your 1.6 ecu and buy a 2.0 ecu
Open up the 2 ecus. Desolder the am29f400bb-90si chip from the 2.0 ecu and solder it to the 1.6 ecu, Toss away the 1.6 chip. There you are you have a full functioning beta 2.0 swap. Just do it and don't ask

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
that's it..??

i dont' have to change the coil packs or the crank sensor?
or even not use the ecu adpater?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
After a lot of experimenting with my ecu I found that the hard way but it worked just fine. You don't have to change anything (but I use the beta2 coilpacks). No sensors no nothing. The car will fire up and most important no cel whatsoever. You'll feel the difference in the torque from the 1.6 chip vs the 2.0. Just try it out. Soon I'll be able to reprogram chips so I can let you know about it as I will test it to my car first. Believe me all tuners here can do it easily but for $800! Wtf I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Listen to me ppl.
Keep your 1.6 ecu and buy a 2.0 ecu
Open up the 2 ecus. Desolder the am29f400bb-90si chip from the 2.0 ecu and solder it to the 1.6 ecu, Toss away the 1.6 chip. There you are you have a full functioning beta 2.0 swap. Just do it and don't ask
got any pic or a how to mabe

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I don't have any pics. I gave it to a friend of mine who can solder-desolder electronics and did the job. Do that too it's rather easy and you don't have to pay anything!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I don't have any pics. I gave it to a friend of mine who can solder-desolder electronics and did the job. Do that too it's rather easy and you don't have to pay anything!
if you switch chip's on the 1.6l and 2.0l ecu's

can i keep the 1.6L crank sensor on my beat II?

and install beta coil packs?

the pain with beta crank sensor is that it needs a male and female connector

and the female connector is part of the beta II engine harness

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You keep everything in place. The crank sensor doesn't need to be changed. Just use the chip and fire it up.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
so i can keep my alpha coil packs and the crank sensor?

all i have to do is just swap chips and i'm getting the factory power of the beta II?

if thats the case then **** the $200 i spent on the adapter.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
hey jap, think i can get one of those chip swapped ecu's from you?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It's a lot easier for you to go to a junkyard and get 2 ecus and do the thing yourself because I don't have access to any ecu here! I order from ebay :) lol. I'll try to see if I can clone the stock chip or sth so if you get a 1.6 ecu you can solder it up. I'll let you know

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i tried doing it myself and ****ed up the 1.6L ecu..
read my PM

i'll pay you to make one for me..pretty please??

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Ok here's the deal. Find 2 ecus. One map based 1.6 and one 2.0 map based, send them to me and I'll do the thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts