Discussion Starter · #1 ·

^ shot of the paper showing the specs

just decals that Geoff sent me

Lash caps

Shot of the exhaust cam

another

intake cam

another shot of the intake cam

These cams were done by Colt Cams in BC, canada. Their website is Colt Cams - Custom camshaft grinding and designing Yes they are regrinds but they have an AMAZING reputation and quality is amazing.

Is there anyone who'd be interested in these? Since we worked out the bugs it'll be easy to install. The beta1s will just have to put them in due to their hyrdalic lifters, and the beta2 guys will be supplied with lash caps for the valves to adjust clearances. All that oyu need to do is put the cap on and you're done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention, price is about 580shipped normally, IF i can get enough people for a GB then I should be able to get the price down below 500, I'll call Geoff and talk it over with him as soon as I have the interest and know whos in for sure.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
How would that work with HLA's with out adjustment?

Maybe I am understanding the regrind wrong.

If I am not mistaken a regrind is where they remove metal on cam surfaces that pretain to the valve being closed so shims/spacer(caps) make apex seem larger. If this were the case then the radius from the tip of the apex to the center of the camshaft would be the same or less of the apex of the stock cam. How would the lift increase if the apex didn't increase?
:(
Sorry, I must have a dim understanding of HLA system.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Coal_forge said:
How would that work with HLA's with out adjustment?

Maybe I am understanding the regrind wrong.

If I am not mistaken a regrind is where they remove metal on cam surfaces that pretain to the valve being closed so shims/spacer(caps) make apex seem larger. If this were the case then the radius from the tip of the apex to the center of the camshaft would be the same or less of the apex of the stock cam. How would the lift increase if the apex didn't increase?
:(
Sorry, I must have a dim understanding of HLA system.
They add metal to the parts where it needs more *lift* and the grind is changed for a higher lift and duration.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ what he said. Although, it has nothing to do with the HLA system. The hla is the hydralic lifter assembly. They can automatically adjust to changes in camshaft size. MLAs cannot, thats mechanical lifter assembly. They have the lifter with a shim in the top of it to adjust valve clearances.

The lash caps provided are the thickness that lift has been increased, so it basically brings your clearances back to what they were before the cams.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm very interested in these as well. I have a 06 Spectra5 with the G4GC I4 in it that I don't want to turbo because of all the associated problems. More info please. I was thinking of doing this myself but since you were nice enough to do it before I did, well done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If any of you guys are interested, I do some custom grinding, but do mostly Suzuki, and Isuzu stuff.
I have a few Hyundai specific performance grinds that I've been using for some of my Kia, and Mazda customers.
I prefer to stick with the hydraulic stuff, and my prices are roughly half of those previously mentioned.
I'm not here to solicit business, but saw the thread, and thought i'd let you know I'm here.
[email protected]
If I've violated any forum rules, I apologize in advance.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
^+1

$500? Rip.

A core from a select junkyard and a data sheet (and a good machine shop) can do it for way less.

Nice specs though, can benefit an NA nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts