Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been discussed before but i never got a clear response

i still have the adapter and the XD ecu but i'm stuck with the wiring of the beta coil pack to the accent coil pack connectors..

there's 2 orange
one brown
and one blue..where do they go?

also..the beta and alpha crank sensor's are a bit different
the beta sensor has a power wire with ground and signal, whereas the alpha only has ground and signal..do i just tap the power from the battery?

i'm asking anyone to help me with this so i can successfully wire it and make it a sticky and say the water's safe to try out this product from sfr.

Please give me a hand!..thanks..

and no flaming about the fact that having re-wiring the whole thing could've been easier.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i know this has been discussed before but i never got a clear response

i still have the adapter and the XD ecu but i'm stuck with the wiring of the beta coil pack to the accent coil pack connectors..

there's 2 orange
one brown
and one blue..where do they go?

also..the beta and alpha crank sensor's are a bit different
the beta sensor has a power wire with ground and signal, whereas the alpha only has ground and signal..do i just tap the power from the battery?

i'm asking anyone to help me with this so i can successfully wire it and make it a sticky and say the water's safe to try out this product from sfr.

Please give me a hand!..thanks..

and no flaming about the fact that having re-wiring the whole thing could've been easier.

I'm unsure of the coil packs, as I havent testes mine yet. But the sensor, you need to find out if its a 5v or 12 volt sensor. Hooking it streight up to the batt might blow it up.
You can try my method of maddness if you wish! What I did with the coils is just matched up the big wire with the big wire and the little ones with the little one. If you think about how it works and why it needs a bigger wire then it make sense. Maybe its just me. I did one coil pack at a time. But try at your own risk...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was under the impression that Hyundai crank sensors were VR and require no voltage. You should have only V+ V- and shield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts