Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
straight swap...question is woukd you be running too rich?

·
Registered
150 Posts
straight swap...question is woukd you be running too rich?
Probably not, our ECUs seem retarded good at calibrating things that don't belong. I swapped a Tib MAF with nothing else because i had it laying around, drove absolutely terrible, about 5 minutes later, it started running better, 10 minutes later, even better, 15 minutes later it was driving like it did before the swap-a-roo. If the ECU gets reset though, it needs to recalibrate.

But...why are you upgrading the injectors?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i only play to use these injectors when i put my turbo on. I am only going to boost 5-7 psi. I also pain to install a bigger fuel pump later as well. Should give a little extra fuel when under boost.
Then when i get extra funds will put some sort of fuel management program on.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i only play to use these injectors when i put my turbo on. I am only going to boost 5-7 psi. I also pain to install a bigger fuel pump later as well. Should give a little extra fuel when under boost.
What size are the alpha and beta injectors? I'm too lazy to look it up because finding information on Hyundais isn't quick and easy. :p

You can get Ford injectors and they're plug and play, 19lb and 21lb are pretty cheap. Eclipse/Talon fuel pump is what a friend of mine used, but you have to run a little extra fuel in the tank, it starts bucking when it gets towards E.

Grab and SAFC and FMU, have a blast. I bought my Hyundai from the friend i mentioned above, he ran that set-up untuned at 8psi for 4 years, i'm daily driving it for deliveries, it's N/A now, but the motor still runs strong.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
so 5-8 psi...your not going to need another fuel pump. Ive been running at 5 psi with stock injectors and fuel pump and its been running fine. Yeah a little glitchy but thats just because im running stock injectors...before you waste money and risk running something trying to swap in the new pump. I say get thebeta injectors...I belive RAVINAZINKID is selling some for cheep. grab those install them and see what you can do to tune it a bit with an SAFC and wideband.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so 5-8 psi...your not going to need another fuel pump. Ive been running at 5 psi with stock injectors and fuel pump and its been running fine. Yeah a little glitchy but thats just because im running stock injectors...before you waste money and risk running something trying to swap in the new pump. I say get thebeta injectors...I belive RAVINAZINKID is selling some for cheep. grab those install them and see what you can do to tune it a bit with an SAFC and wideband.
cool. I have already bought the injectors for 28 bucks for all 4. I was thinking about using e-mange or megasquirt.
Will keep that in mind when i go boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts