Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5" CAI in my X3 race car. no other engine mods.
I want to install a beta maf and injectors but I'm worried about the fuel/air mix. Some posts claim if you install both it is plug and play and you're good to go_Other posts say you will need to recalibrate the ecu because of a voltage change.any help would be great.

Also I bought a beta TB and I'm not sure it's the right one. The intake to the plenum chamber is 1/4 inch smaller than the tb.Do i need to mill out the intake to match?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
recalibration of ecu is needed for voltage change - voltage needs to be dropped as a greater volume of air is going through the afm
and its not as easy as a resistor either

a digital fuel adjuster from JayCar can do the trick

·
Registered
737 Posts
the beta maf and injectors will plug right in but you shouldn't be in need of more fuel if you are running a near stock motor. If you had some sort of forced induction then i'd suggest it but its not needed on the n/a cars. You can run some sort of piggyback ecu like the apexi safc to modify your maf signal to lean your mixture if needed but to do this properly you need a wide band o2 and a dyno to see any results. The throttle body will help some with your throttle response but again won't give you much power returns. Your stock intake manifold will have to be matched to the throttle body to get good smooth airflow. Hopefully this will help point you in the right direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts