Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Tib GK (beta). I want to start doing some Major improvements to it, and i would like to stick with a hyundai motor. Now i've been reading through every forum i can find trying to decide which engine to go with. I keep hearing how great the beta handles a turbo being thrown onto it. But what about the delta? and Conversly All the other threads i read are about all these mods being done to the V6. Does anyone have a recommendation in some other sites or anything i can find some more information on this? Or opinions about the camporison of these two engines and the mods available for them. My goal in the end is for around 220-300 HP, and still be able to drive it daily. Money isnt too much of an issue, but if im going to do something im going to do it right. Thank you.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Either a turbo Beta or a supercharged Delta is capable of the power goals you have and being a reliable daily driver. Since you already have a Beta I see no use in swapping engines to the Delta.

You probably know of NewTiburon.com already but if not there is another forum you can look through which is dedicated to the GK.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
oh ok great. I just recently found NewTiburon.com and am in the process of reading whats on there, but thanks. It's good to know it comes recommended. But I've kinda been leaning toward keeping the beta. I just can't find a whole lot of info on a turbo charged Delta to find out how its handled the upgrade. I like to see at least like 20-30 other people saying that it worked for them instead of the 3 threads i've found that even mentioned how its worked out. They might have just gotten lucky....but yeah... Thank for the advice!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Not many people turbo the Delta because of how well it responds to a supercharger and how complicated installing a turbo on the Delta is compared to installing a supercharger. There are kits available to do both, and from everything I've heard the Delta responds fine to a turbo and as long as you don't try to boost to unreasonable levels it'll remain reliable. The torquey nature of the Delta is complimented well by the supercharger though. I've seen a supercharged V6 GK run on the dyno and it was a pretty impressive thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok...do you know off the top of your head the average HP gain for the V6 with the super charger. I'm just feelin lazy and didnt want to go search for it...lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts