Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey all my mate is Taking delivery of his New Scoupe LS (will post Pics)

Now im sure you all have Thought about it and same have even done Some home work. (VALK has pointed Somethings Out to me before)

Okie i know a Accent(alpha) box with fit on a elantra/tiburon(Beta) and i know the Alpha Engine can fit onto the Beta Gearbox(thanks EYELID)
So how much LESS work would it be to Just Boltin the Beta Motor onto the SCOUPE/Alpha 1 Gearbox.

My mate did a Beta accent on the the alpha box in 1999 and the box didnt survive 2 weeks (but they were thrashing the car) My alpha Box is Handling 225bhp and 333nm just fine and im not punishing the gears tho...

So this is the Question how easy is it to drop in a Beta Motor onto a Alpha Gearbox in a Scoupe?

And when Completing the Conversion Beta engine on beta Box in scoupe. what all will be needed to do then?

I used to have a Pic of a Beta in a Scoupe but i dont know who did it or what happend to the pic.

Original POST here Beta Powerd Scoupe -

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
You may have to do some rewiring when it comes to the coilpack... the scoupe alpha uses a distributor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
a BETA POWERD SCOUPE, what a great idea, why is this topic not getting any LOVE? after the Beta conversion u can still add a turbo conversion!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Problem is that it's not legal here (in Finland) to do beta swap for the scoupe as it's too big motor compared to base motor.

If it would be legal, I had gone into 4g63 swap for the Mitsu based scoupe and swapped face lift lights and hood there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts