Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know beta react good to turbos but how douse it react to a superchager ?? can you guy help me out i need all the info on beta superchager??? link will help too

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
there's alot of saying that a beta will handle forced induction with no problem as long as it's tuned right and even with stock eternals can handle a decent amount of boost.

i would personally go with a supercharger since i only need a handful more to fully make the fun more fun to drive..

i'm not a type of guy who thinks about peak numbers

supercharging is the best way to enjoy forced induction, and also is power that's easy to use

but i'm a bit skeptic about alpine's Customer service.
so i'm trying to sway away from them..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hopefully NGM will come out with their supercharger kit shortly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hmmm, that is a damn good install.

Couple of questions. One, where'd the power steering go? Two, how much power are they putting down?

And it looks like you could keep the stock exhaust manifold to pass the visual inspection for those of us with emissions testing.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
From the looks of it the power steering went bye bye, so no p/s and since most everything looksstock they couldnt be pushing more than 8psi IF that. Not sure about numbers I did see a guy with a similar setup on his Accent 1.6 get 120whp at 8psi...but he was untuned.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is any body runing the alpine super chager on the beta

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Alpine kit on my 2005 Tib. It never ran really right with the Unichip and 5th injector setup. The Alpine Unichip tune was wrong for my car, you can not change the tune and the closest Unichip tuner is 800 miles from me. Also two of the Unichips failed but were replaced by Alpine.

I got fed up screwing around with the Unichip and installed one of the new AEM FIC piggybacks. Tossed the 5th injector, put in a set of larger primary injectors and it finally goes good. Much more fun then when it was NA. I think it is a great setup for a daily driver. I have great low end torque in traffic. Quick acceleration off the traffic lights and for freeway lane changes too. It was well worth the trouble to get it right, just wish it hadn't taken so long.

The neverending story...(my beta2 s/c) - NewTiburon.com Forums

AEM - Fuel / Ignition Controller (F/IC)

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
bwahaha. one of the chicago guys has that kit. his came cracked and ****. it was bad. but its soooo damn nice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts