Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the time has come for me to start my beta swap wiring harness, i am planing on buying a 1.5L harness at a scrapyard so i can make my new harness to run my beta2 in my accent with the 2.0L beta 2 ecm. now what i need to know is what is involved in makeing this new harness for my accent???

by the way my accent is a 2003 1.5L.

·
Registered
183 Posts
First thing is your 1.5 SOHC or DOHC? second doesn't your elantra and tib ecms up there have the SMARTRA. If so you may need one from here in the states. i went from a 1.5 SOHC alpha to a 2.0 Beta II out of an auto elantra. Here, hope this gets you started.

there are 2 plugs on the beta engine harness that plug into the engine fuse/relay box, there are only one on the alpha harness.

On the beta these two plugs are EC03 and EC04.
The alpha has one plug EC01.

The beta has two plugs MC04 and MC05 that connect the engine harness to the dash harness.

The alpha has two plugs also MC01 and MC02. the only confusing thing is that wires from the MC04 will move to MC02 on the new harness and visa versa.

The engine start relay is located in the relay box on the beta and inside the dash on the alpha. These wires will need to be relocated from EC03 and EC04.

The last thing is the windshield wiper plug needs moved to a different location on the harness and extended. It need moved very close to the outer firewall and extended about 5 inches.

If you need any more help you can contact me on aim at: turbo2Laccent
or you can e-mail me at: kbailey90$earthlink.net (replace the $ with @)

I also started working up an excel spreadsheet with everything wrote up but it's not finished and I can't garantee it's accuracy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ ok i have a 1.5L sohc map, now how do i know if my beta 2.0L ecm has the smartra???? and by the way do you have msn messanger or yahoo???

[Edited by anthonyfa18 on Nov 23, 2005 6:12 PM]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well the only difference between the MAP and MAF of the alphas is a couple wires so you'll have to study up hmaservice.com real well. An easy way to tell if the betas have smartra is go to a dealer and ask if the keys have transponders in them (or if it's easy to make copies of them). SMARTRA means the key, block, and ecm all have to match in order for everything to work. Also for your swap, you'd also have to get the ignition switch module also.

You may get away with using the original alpha harness on the beta II like the 1.6L MAP alphas do but you have to get a Apex SAFC II (search ebay) to fix the obvious fueling differences between the two motors.

Or you can just skip all that and get a ecm from here in the states.

Sorry I don't have msn or yahoo, I don't know anyone on them so..... e-mail me if you need more info or help.

[Edited by kojaxian_neonix on Nov 24, 2005 7:36 AM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i call my local hyundai dealer and the hyundai 2003 elantra dose not have SMARTRA. yo can you email or tell me where i can find th wireing digrams no webtec???

p.s: i thing this should be a sticky, it can help a lot if people doing beta swap accent on lc and lc2!!!!

[Edited by anthonyfa18 on Nov 24, 2005 1:49 PM]

·
Registered
183 Posts
What is your e-mail. If you e-mail me the year/model of your car and engine specifics along with the year/model of the donor motor/ecm, whether it was auto/man. I'll see what I can do with coming up with a full diagram. The big thing is anyone who wants to do this has to go through each individual webtec diagram for each system and piece them all together.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e-mail has ben sent try your best, and thank you for all the help

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so kojaxian_neonix did you get my e-mail??? how is it coming???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts