Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive got scoupe gt turbo and a few month ago i bought a beta I engine for a few bugs. and planned to fit it in and later i thought i wont and wanted to sell it again.. but now im thinking to swap it anyways. but what i cant find! is that, do you also have to get all the beta sensors? or do you use the one from the alpha engine?

de TPS is the same if im right but how about the oilpressure sensor and stuff? or knocksensor, crank. sensor? etc. etc.

and do you only have to put in the engine, connect al sensors and it should run? or do you also have do things for example the evaporise thing and so on?

cause i dont see anything about that!

im gonna do the swap with the ecm of a beta and gonna replace the wiring with the beta harness. im an electrisian so that wouldnt be a problem for me:)

i gues the scoupe engine is the same as a accent engine right?

but the tranny of a accent wouldnt fit direct? but how about the turbo engine tranny?

i was planning to turbo charge the beta also but i dont think i will do that anymore so can i keep my tranny? and axles!

hope you can give me good answers about it ;):

thanks

[Edited by pascal on Sep 14, 2006 10:15 AM]

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I would think that any betta swap info on the 95-99 accent would be helpful since its the same car as the scoupe pretty much under the hood and such. Search for accent beta swaps and see if that helps. But I hope all goes well for you thats something I dont here to often...............Scoupe BETA <--------Sounds badass good luck.:)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yes your Tranny will bolt up to the beta block. You can use your axels but it wouldnt hurt to put in shortened tib axels or something stronger then your own. I see people putting alot of power through a beta and snap those axels of yours......assuming they are the same as the x3.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the info, ill will look in the accent swaps then.

im looking on web parts catalog, and it seems that the accent doesnt use the same axle so i think i give it a try with my stock axles, they are for the turbo scoupe anyway so maybe they are stronger.. or i must get tib's axles for cheap and then maybe use those.

laters

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
anyupdate on this??? i'm super interested too. i know of one guy that did this swap and for the life of me can't remember who... he even sent me an email showing me. i've got a few bucks to throw in my car now and seeing as it needs a new heart, i'd give this a try..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello

im still searching and finding things to do and get.. so for me it will take some time before im finished.

i gonna rebuild the beta, and then turbocharge it! :D

but it takes money and time unfortunatly

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
with a scoupe you might have to get a new trans outta a 98-99 accent or better yet one outta a tibby.. and with that you will have to most likely change your cross member since the mounts arn't on the motors anymore but the trans.. Also since it is obviously pre 95 you will have to change the wiring harnes to and OBD-II accent or tib harness

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Im from Puerto Rico and already did that swap in my scoupe. My Inglish is a crap but I hope you understand :D . The tranny will fit on the beta engine, but, the 2 top screw hole of the tranny housing will not fit with the engine block. What I did was cut out that part of the tranny an use some spacers to push the top part of the tranny to the engine block. About the engine mounts, I left the tranny mount stock to use the stock axles, I have to make the others 3, and use the stock crossmember. This part was very tricky when I was doing it, but, it easy, you have to use the same base of the front and rear mount, and sold it to a bar of iron that goes in front of the screw holes in the engine block. I did the same in front and back mounts, then I used spacersto grab the engine to the mounts. The passenger side you have to creat it. I know that sound difficult, but I will try to post pics later. About the harness, you can use the same as te scoupe, also you can run the beta engine with the N/A ecu scoupe, but it will work perfectly with a KIA SPORTAGE 95 ECU OBD1, it wokrs perfectly and rev to 7k rpm.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
hey kenshinryu thanks for you reply

but i aint gonna use the beta engine anymore, i wanted to turbocharge it.

and i found everything i needed to get what i want, from rods to valves.

for a total price of around 2500 euro, without shipping.

with shipping it would cost me 3400 euro, and then every part has to be placed and stuff so this is to expansive.

ive now got hold on a complete evo 4 engine with tranny, and total wireings. so im gonna build that one in.

and sell my beta engine again.

they look familiar so i think knowing what you did and changed is still helpfull though ;)

thanks
pascal

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys ive got scoupe gt turbo and a few month ago i bought a beta I engine for a few bugs. and planned to fit it in and later i thought i wont and wanted to sell it again.. but now im thinking to swap it anyways. but what i cant find! is that, do you also have to get all the beta sensors? or do you use the one from the alpha engine?

de TPS is the same if im right but how about the oilpressure sensor and stuff? or knocksensor, crank. sensor? etc. etc.

and do you only have to put in the engine, connect al sensors and it should run? or do you also have do things for example the evaporise thing and so on?

cause i dont see anything about that!

im gonna do the swap with the ecm of a beta and gonna replace the wiring with the beta harness. im an electrisian so that wouldnt be a problem for me:)

i gues the scoupe engine is the same as a accent engine right?

but the tranny of a accent wouldnt fit direct? but how about the turbo engine tranny?

i was planning to turbo charge the beta also but i dont think i will do that anymore so can i keep my tranny? and axles!

hope you can give me good answers about it ;):

thanks

[Edited by pascal on Sep 14, 2006 10:15 AM]
Hey Pascal... i know it's a very old thread but do you by any chance still have the Scoupe GT engine ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts