Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Beta swap. Motor is hitting hood

I am doing my beta swap. LC with a Beta 2. Has anyone else had this issue with the valve cover on the passenger side hitting the hood. The motor is level.

I didn't not slot the mounts, they are stock. Just like a 1.5 would sit in their. I don't want to lower the motor to much more, I don't need to loose my oil pan.

All three mounts are in the stock place. I haven't installed the passengers side mount yet. but with the motor sitting like it is, its still hitting.
My other option would be to grind a part of the hood support off.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I took my hood off when I did my swap but I set it back on to see if it would hit and it didn't look like it did. Maybe when I bolt it on it would. Mine is also a Beta II and an LC. I was thinking it may his when I put the hood fully on, so maybe hood spacers ? I know it's not pretty but might be a viable option.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If it's hitting the hood support framework you could possibly modify it or go with a CF hood. If it's actually hitting the hood itself that'll be tougher. It would seem that you would have to lower the engine.

To change the title click on 'EDIT' then click on 'Go Advanced' and you can edit the title.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I had to cut out a 5" long peice of the hood skeleton.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think im just going to cut it away. I am broke and dont have money to finish the project at this time. I just need a couple of parts. When I get extra cash, it will be done. Just need headers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts