Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. ive done 4 beta swaps by myself and i have a few guestions about the right side mount. im lookin at other swaps on the net and i dont get a good pic of the mount. i un tacked the mount assy from the body/frame and rewelded it to the beta.now ive done 2 x3 swaps and 1 lc swap but put 2 motors in.im workin to get the beta trans in the lc. my guestion is can someone shed some info on the mount issue for me please.im not an amature at swapping betas.id just like 2 find easier ways to do them faster and more efficient.:cool:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
This is what I did for my beta 2 swap with a manual tranny in my 02 LC 1.5L manual. First off the 3 tranny mount brackets for the lc will fit the beta trans. Those 3 brackets need to have the bolt holes slotted 1/4 of an inch to allow the motor/trans to slide 1/4 of an inch towards the left side of the car. This will get your pulleys off of the wall and give you just enough room to change belts in the future. Also the beta 2 trans is almost identical to the 1.5L trans in size and mount locations except for the differential area, each side is 1/4 wider. Doing this however is going to cause axle binding issues on right hand turns do to the 1/2 inch gain on the left side. To eliminate this you will have to use a 1.6L automatic axle from an LC/LC2. I also used a 1.8L beta auto axle for the right side, this will allow the axle to clip in as the 1.5L axle will not clip in, although you can probly get away with it. hope this helps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for that info but i also want to know about the right motor mount.what did you do to set the motor in straight. the beta does not sit aligned with the slot for stk mount.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Oops left that mount out. I Took the 1.5L mount and cut everything off of the roll stop (round casing) with a grinder. Dont forget to mark what side is up on the roll stop. Then I used 1 1/4 by 1 1/4 inch square stock and drilled out (make a pattern) the three holes for the beta mounting point. With your engine installed and level, mount up your 2 pieces and tack them together, you may need to notch the square stock to accept the roll stop. Make sure your tacks are strong because you will need to remove the rubber center. The rubber center has a hard plastic shell and this is what you want to tap out, I used a hammer, punch and bench vise. After getting out the center piece(don't forget to mark it) complete the weld job. Then after a few years go by and when the rubber weres out just pick up a 1.5L mount and replace the rubber.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yo thanks bro.that is a lot better than the way i do it.my way works to but this way looks way easier. i give props to you. you should write this down and make more of them and sell the **** out of them.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts