Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a reasonable auto shop/mechanic to do a beta swap for my 1999 accent
Any help will be greatly appreciated:

·
Registered
237 Posts
why not just do it yourself? On the x3's it's a straight up swap with the beta 1. Just drop it in and go kinda deal. I mean any reputable shop should be able to do it for whatever the labor charge is if you supply the parts. Hell if you have a few friends with a mechanical aptitude, a garage and a weekend you should be good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply
I will check to see how much easier a beta 1 swap is compared to beta 2
I have to get all the parts first and check out a few car repair shops in the area where I work

·
Registered
30 Posts
a beta1 swap in a x3 is nearly bolt-on

for a beta 2 you have to change the intake manifold for a beta1 one. you have to take a lot of sensors from the 1.5, you still have to fing a beta1 ecu. you'll need the flywheel of a beta1 also... the list goes on but that's what i remember from my friend who dis a beta2 swap in his 96

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
if i wasnt goin back to iraq so soon id say id do it for you since im stationed on fort drum now. but i'll be back sometime this summer if u wanna round up the parts and do it then... only a 4 hour drive to here from the city.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for your reply I will make this a slow moving project gathering parts and info about the best way to do it
I would prefer to get the beta2 engine / transmission/ ecu and shorten the axles..
the easiest and cheapest tough will be to use a beta 1 (1.8l) with my existing transmission ?
thanks again and all the best for you , dz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts