Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok-so I am about ready to get going on beta goodness.

I have a good mechanic lined up(runs a 6 second drag car and a full workshop) and he knows a good elec who can wire up management etc.

I have a 2001 Accent 1.5DOHC that will be swapped to the current BetaII HVT motor.

Would I be correct in thinking that if I had a full 2004/5 Elantra write-off(obviously engine ok) and the 1.6 powersteering res and lines, I would have virtually everything?

·
Registered
508 Posts
ya that shoud work, just have fun on the wiring

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No cause my car now is MAP(in Aus we got all DOHC 1.5's mith MAP sensors in plastic plenums) and as far as I know,all the betas here are the same so It doesn't need to change, and I'd like the newest engine possible. I have just last night thought about getting just the standard 2.0(hydraulic head though) but I may go for big N/A on this set up.

Also part of the engineering requirements here is that the engine MUST be newer than the car it goes in to(Nov 2001)

I think now having found a somewhat well known drag racer I know who has offered his workshop and skill, I can afford full management so wiring shouldn't be too crazy.

I just want to make sure I have everything for him at hand cause he is doing this as a bit of a favour when the drag season finishes here in Australia.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright,think I'm set,thanks to everyone on here who has documented their swaps!:D:D:D

Full Beta 2 engine including A/C compressor and P/S pump
1.6 Clutch(PSC stage 1)
Will be using Alpha gearbox
Aftermarket management(for future tweaks and wiring simplicity)
1.6 LC2 P/S reservior and lines
Upgrage brakes using Elantra/Tib bits

And that's about it apart from mechanic/Autoelectrician!

SWEEEEEET!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Due to the (un)availability of Beta engines around here,prolly within 6 months(gives me time to get it all sorted)

First I think I'll get the Management done on the 1.5 as most of the electrical to the Beta is swap over stuff. Then some Dyno time to get that engine tuned.

Recently I have found out if I use the OEM ecu for the beta,I don't need emissions tests making engineering much easier. We'll just have to see! I will however take pics and post em up telling everyone how I go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts