Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it could be done but what would I need? My setup has been a bit different and I Intend to keep it that way. I could use a better trans. (beta) to go with the built 1.5 in the shed. What would I have to buy (besides the tranny obviously) to make it fit/work? What about mounts?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on people, as soon as I know what I need Im going to get it and make it happen!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think you might need to make some room in the tranny side of your engine bay and change up the info on your ecu. Since your motor is smaller then the beta and the tranny will spin your engine a little longer then its used to you may need to build up the internals. thats just a guess

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that the beta has slightly longer gears and in theory would slow me down. I think though with such quick spooling of this little turbo and the underdrive pulley with the combo of the short gears it breaks traction way to easy. Longer gears would help me out in that area (plus a better trans. will be nice for my other engine when I get it in). Noone has any idea what I would need to convert?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry Boss, but ICE RACER ACCENT is working about it (he will compare alpha and beta tranny)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts