Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check me out guys. Beta 1, 1.8 cam, unorthodox underdrive pulley, obx turbo manifold, gt28r (s15 turbo)@7.5psi , 2.5" exhaust, front mount i/c , aem fic, 440cc lucas injectors, beta2 engine cover, all aluminum custom made i/c piping 2", hks mushroom filter, custom made bov, sfr decompression plate, shaved head to match 8.8:1 compression. I will go to the dyno soon but I can tell you this: The car is badass... It cranks right up like an oem turbo car, the a/f ratios are solid 11.7:1 (aem uego) and the timing is -1 degree all over the map. I finally made it...

Enjoy:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Awesome!

I think I just came

·
Registered
502 Posts
sweet ride, but I'm guessing the future for this ride is either a crash or sold to somebody that will crash it (a sad story).
hopfully I am wrong and you will love ang charish the car forever, I know I would. :D

your first mission is to dyno that beast and and leave us shocked with how much you are pulling.

Your second mission is to leave a shocked expretion on 3 people driving a nice sports cars

and the third and final mission is to make a cheezy youtube video with a bad @$$ ending.
NOW GET TO WORK! :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a dream of a beta swap accent. Where the beta Accents will rule the road!

I cant wait to see what the dyno has to show...

I just have one question. What the hell is the size of the allen bolt where you tapped into for your oil line?

You should upload a video, I would love to hear what she sounds like.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys!!! Well, first mission (as MetalShark said) is on the way soon after the weather cools a little I'm going to the dyno.. The second mission is on the process while the 1st sports car was smoked today and I'm talking about an evo 8 which ate my beta dust ;) and couldn't f***ng believe it.. Video is coming soon after I replace my clutch because it's still the stock and I'm having trouble from time to time coz it slips alot.. not all the time but it's going to die soon I can smell it :D.
Jsharptooth91: I don't know what size is that stupid bolt as I tried 10allens to finally unbolt the damn thing after that I took the bolt to a machinery shop and made a nice adaptor to fit my oil feed line. Soon more to come guys!!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rolling 1sts and bang I floor it, I loose by half car as soon as I hit second, I get in front of him by half car and then on 3rd gear the difference was 1.5 car lenght... I say again that the beta turbo is a fast ****! I can't imagine raising the boost on winter time at 14psi...

·
Registered
502 Posts
lol I am loving u.
And yes turboed beta swaped accent can kill stock evo's easy its preaty funny, nobody seems to believe me when I say it so you gotta show them.
show all of them MUAHAHAHA!:D

I wish I could do the same so show everybody in LA that hyundai is not a force to be taken lightly, but I only have money for a turbo. with a turbo alpha I guess I can still show theis mustangs a thing or two.

grats on the happiness radiating from your beta swaped turboed hyundai accent.
I cant wait to see the dyno (mission 1) and the youtube movie (mission 3).
:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The only problem is traction but the advantage the accent has vs the evo is the weight... You see if the 17"s stop spinning you take a huge amount of torque right up your a$$ and it won't stop until you let go.. The gt28r holds it's boost pretty well even past 6500 rpm and the 1.8cam helps to it a lot. So that's why I have raised the rev limiter to 7250rpm using a crystal oscilator. Tuned with FIC, the car is unbeatable even at 7.5psi! Maybe the power curve drops a little after 6500 but when you shift it ends up to it's torque peak so you understand.. ;)
My missions are going to be accomplished pretty soon.. I have called a local car magazine to go for a photo presentation!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
well turbo any FWD car and you will have traction problems, but I hear there are suspension parts that help dramatically.
Whiteline unusually has a lot to say about suspension mods so I would look toward them for answers.

It sounds like you have a lot of plans coming up for your car so good luck.
and don't stop burning those evos. :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have total control of the engine using the AEM FIC. Fuel / ignition controller..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
sweet ride, but I'm guessing the future for this ride is either a crash or sold to somebody that will crash it (a sad story).
hopfully I am wrong and you will love ang charish the car forever, I know I would. :D

your first mission is to dyno that beast and and leave us shocked with how much you are pulling.

Your second mission is to leave a shocked expretion on 3 people driving a nice sports cars

and the third and final mission is to make a cheezy youtube video with a bad @$$ ending.
NOW GET TO WORK! :D

LMFAO!!!! ROFL!!!!....gotta love it.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Send some pics of engine bay if you can. I just recently got my turbo project going, and would like to see how you routed everything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts