Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im trying to find some answers to a couple questions. beta engines are not popular in the forceinduction world, so information is scares. im intrested in knowing how the block runs under stress from force induction. my main questions are as follows.

all pertaning to 2.0 4cy older tibs

#1 when logging the 02 banks with a pocket logger, or other advanced logging softwares, what is the "sweet spot" for the volts. ie. i have a 2g 4g63t, and understand the best range is between .92-.96. what is it for the 2.0 beta ??

#2 how many knock sensors, if any do these engens have? what is acceptable knock, not counting phantum knock?

#3 is there a min degree to stay above when ajusting timming? agian, my 4g63t has a power timming cure that needs to stay above 13 degrees, i've fould 18-21 with no, or little knock is awsome, but is that to high for these beta 2.0 4cy?

#4 persumming stock internals, proper air/fuel, timing, what is the most common problems occuring with beta blocks under foreinduction? are the Headgaskets weak, pre-ignition a problem becasue of the weak stock ignition system? these kind of questions. if anyone could inlighten me on the subject i would appreiciate it.

#4 under forceinduction on stock internals would it be recomended to run nittrous wet, or dry? or would that be just to much for the little 2.0 beta to handle? Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
ok answers to the questions are pretty simple and not complicated
#1 your voltage will be about the same as a mitsu as all standard 4 wire 02 sensors including mitsu and hyundai run the same voltages so they shoud be about the same the question is Where dose the car like to run the best? thats where a dyno comes in there hasnt been enough testing with the beta to say yes .**v is the best. also it wont work the same on every car even with the exact same setup things vary

#2 Knock sensor we have one located on the center of the back side of the block under the intake manifold. Knock count very little our ecu dosnt like knock it will pull timing at very low numbers to try and acceve low count. It really sucks.

#3 timing cant be ajusted on a hyundai without A a msd box or B greddy emanage with the supra ignition trick, or C a full standalone. there may be a few others but not so popular.
#4 the block crank and head gaskets are good for 600hp or so valves pistons rods not so pistons 220whp rods 300or so not exactly sure head gasket i would say be iffy at around 500whp valves not sure no one has really had a problem the rpms are the factor there i would say some stronger valve springs and a built botom end and you could easily turn 7500rpm although the car dosnt pull as hard past 6500 with boost its a diffrent story

#5 running nitrous on forced induction would be a bad idea unless you have a built motor. your just asking for problems. yeah it can be done with 5psi of boost but with a good intercooler you could just turn up the boost a little. i wouldnt go over a 35shot or aka boom.

that covers your questions and should give you an idea of what to expect building a motor for a tib isnt cheep all the parts are less comon that the mitsu but are still available just do some searching and expect to pay a little more rods are the biggie they run about 600-800 for a good set. but in the end you could have a 500+hp built MOTOR for 2-3k the rest of the turbo kit is up to you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you basicly bypassed every question. i knew everything you just typed. if i needed an explanation how to do somthing i would have use the words "how do i ajust timming" or "how do 02 sensors work". but insted i asked, "what is the". besides, if these are basic, and not complictad, why cant you answer my question?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
1) Voltage should be close to the same for any 4 cylinder turbo engine.

2) One sensor. No amount of knock is acceptable.

3) I don't know, yet.

4) The weak spot is the pistons and rods. They're cast.

5) Not with stock internals.... see #4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts