Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

If I do a Beta swap into an Accent and get full bolt ons with tuning and some headwork, what kind of times could I expect to pull in the 1/4? I know that the Beta in an Accent will get me to around 15's but will full bolt ons with tuning and headwork get me down to 14's (Which is my goal) or would I have to boost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
go all out and make a beast.... swap in the beta, turbo it to more than 10 psi, maybe 12 or 14 psi, have it all set up nicely with the exhaust and all the other good stuff for the turbo, get a carbon fiber hood and a LSD with some strong axles, then you should have no problems hitting at least 10 seconds or below that, just go all out :bandit:

·
Registered
183 Posts
You'll get more out of some nice flowbenched headwork/3 angle valve job than any of the bolt ons. The betas exhaust ports are horrid in their flow potiential especially at high rpms. I think 14's would be attainable with headwork, high compression pistons and shave about .005 off the deck, balanced internals, knifed crank and a lightweight flywheel. My car was pushing on 14's (15.2) with low compression pistons before it tore the driver side CV shaft in two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, thanks guys. Sorry for the super late reply but I've been away. Quick question, if I wanted to hit low 14's with the Beta, what would I need to do as far as N/A goes? Would it be cheaper to go FI? Roughly how much would I be spending to get those times for N/A and FI?

Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts