Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out to a dyno today www.Brauningmotorsports.com What a blast that was to sit there and watch some pros work with my Apexi S-AFCII for about an 2 hours. They did 15 pulls on the dyno. The 1st pull came too 126 hp, after all the tunning I am now running around with 130 hp and 116 pounds of torque. I can now feel some power after 4,000 rpms and I am very pleased with the out come. Now I need more hp, hehe.

Photo below is the air to fuel ratio

Photo below is my max torque

[Edited by Accent95 on Oct 14, 2005 9:26 PM]

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was just reading about them dood...so they did good work huh? How much did it end up costing you??

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by Accent95
[body]
I can now feel some power after 4,000 rpms
[/body]
All my power is above 4000rpms, I got jack below 4000rpm ( well its not too bad, still better than the 1.5L ) :D

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charles, yes thats 130hp with the swap.

Chris, they do great work. They have only been open for 2 weeks now and still putting the shop together, but the total cost was only $115 for the 15 pulls and Mark Brauning him self tunning my car.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BENTLEY
[body]
[body]
I can now feel some power after 4,000 rpms
[/body]
All my power is above 4000rpms, I got jack below 4000rpm ( well its not too bad, still better than the 1.5L ) :D
[/body]
As I too have all the power up there:) But yeah a lot better then the 1.6l must say.

·
Registered
183 Posts
130hp at the wheel ain't too bad considering the stock hp is 140 at the crank and the norm is 10% loss in FWD cars. Did you have any work done to the beta or anything planned?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by kojaxian_neonix
[body]
130hp at the wheel ain't too bad considering the stock hp is 140 at the crank and the norm is 10% loss in FWD cars. Did you have any work done to the beta or anything planned?
[/body]
Yea man lots of work planned. The airram and a bbtb from kspec, ported head work, bigger fuel pump, cams, and groundwires. Just need some more time off and the money.:)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Thats a nice 40hp jump over what my old LC did at the wheels.

·
Registered
572 Posts
[body]
Charles, yes thats 130hp with the swap.

Chris, they do great work. They have only been open for 2 weeks now and still putting the shop together, but the total cost was only $115 for the 15 pulls and Mark Brauning him self tunning my car.
[/body]
Nice! with mark doing the work you know its top notch;): I heard the place is big too...cool I'll be giving them a call later :smoking:

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by oiml8
[body]
besides the swap what other mods do you have on the engine? Header? Cai? Pulleys?
[/body]
I have a OBX 4-2-1 header, Honda Civic short ram intake, High Flow-Cat, 2 1/2 exhaust SS pipping to a Apexi N1 muffler, Apexi S-AFCII, 1.6L wiring harness and transmission.8D

[Edited by Accent95 on Oct 15, 2005 6:45 AM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
[body]
Originally posted by kojaxian_neonix
[body]
[/body]
Yea man lots of work planned. The airram and a bbtb from kspec, ported head work, bigger fuel pump, cams, and groundwires. Just need some more time off and the money.:)
[/body]
are you planing to keep the motor na??? got any video of the dyno runs???

[Edited by anthonyfa18 on Oct 15, 2005 7:51 AM]

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^I am not really sure if am going to stay N/A or supercharger, or turbo. No clue right now. I will get the next dyno on video for you guys for sure.;):

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
nice set up, thats how i want my car to be, but with the swap you only get 130 hp??, how much hp does my 1.6L accent engine have.....its 2001. thats not much horsepower as my old civic swap i did put out 160, i hope it can be tuned to get at least 150 w/o any turbos.........

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by GLaccent01
[body]
i hope it can be tuned to get at least 150 w/o any turbos.........
[/body]
a 1.6L at 150 hp? without forced induction? goodluck.. lots of headwork, new valvetrain, custom grind cams, .. crazy compression, race fuel.. intake, full race pipe you might see 150hp Flywheel...

im doing a betaswap and turbo and would be happy to see 220hp at the wheels

[Edited by DruidB on Oct 15, 2005 11:06 PM]

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Where did your torque go? The beta should have a little more power down low than that....

Here is betaII with close to the same mods in an elantra
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4993&page=1&highlight=Dyno

·
Registered
508 Posts
[body]
^^^I am not really sure if am going to stay N/A or supercharger, or turbo. No clue right now. I will get the next dyno on video for you guys for sure.;):
[/body]
ok well it all about what you want to do with your accent, if you want to drag then go turbo or supercharger, you can also stay na put it will cost you a lot. if you what to do autocross than go na or supercharger, the problem with turbo in autocross is the lag. and last if you wnat to do lapping like what i want to na is the way to go. supercharger is good to, but rember in lapping it is all about corring and that what na is all about. an also there is way to many beta turbo accent, it is time to get some fast na and supercharger ones!!!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
My friend just had a shop install/tune a microtech and on the dyno he did 146hp with I/H/E on the beta in his Accent.... Either way good job, and your swap looks so clean!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts