Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 2003 tiburon and im nto sure which engine would be better the I4 or the V6? My plan is to get a powerful daily car. Now for arguement sake, money is no issue. Im wondering which engine can handle the most power without causing too much stress on the engine. Also if the V6 turns out to be the better choice, can it be turbocharged, custom or kit w/e.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Most definitely the V6. I do know they can be turbocharged and that theres a lot of stuff out there for them, but take a look in the GK Tiburon forums and the Turbo forums for ideas, info, etc.

[Edited by attist178 on Feb 23, 2006 4:53 PM]

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
eh, id supercharge the v-6, a little less power, but more streetablility.

If you wanted just a crap load of power but no drivablilty, then go for the 4 and turbo the crap out of it. You can look at 400+ with good tunning and lots of money.

·
Registered
91 Posts
or if you want to really go all out get the v6 and put a 2 turbos and a supercharger on it
then you will have high power right through the range

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
a v6 with a supercharer is the simplest and the most reliable way to make it a daily driver..

turbocharged engine's commonly make inconsistent horsepower and wear's the engine out more..and they're more complex too then superchargers

supercharger's alway's compress the consistent amount of bopost into the manifold because the compression is controlled by the belt, not by inconsistent exhaust gase's coming out the manifold.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
...And whether he wants to have to buy stronger aftermarket internals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts