Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently i'm running Boston Acoustic NX57's all the way around in my LC, but it doesn't seem to have very good mids I was thinking of useing my Kenwood execlon (sp?) 6X9's in the rear to perhaps help.
I'm running my internal speakers from a 4 channel amp because i thought the problem was not enough power.
:puzzled:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I don't think a 6X9 will help to much in the mid range but ti depending on what you are tlakin gabout when you say midrange. It is problaby the lower stuff you think you are missing and they should pick that up. Try it and see if you like it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there seems to be a gap from where the speakers frequesncy stop and the subwoofer picks up the rest.
For all I know I might have something not tuned right? but everything looks right to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So it is right above where the subs drop off is what you are looking for? The 6X9s will pick that up and probably overlap your subs a bit unless you add a crossover. I would say try them they will help fill that gap, you might think that is to much there after you add them though but you can play with your gains and fix that probably.

·
Registered
978 Posts
on your sub amp try turning the frequency higher, and of course, use a sine sweep to see if you are missing a freq. This can be done by ear. If you want to see exactly what your system is doing, then go to a car audio store that has a linear X and have them do a full RTA on the system and it will show you what you are missing, your crossover points, used right, can improve your system. You do not however want it to be flat, a perfect RTA score sounds like garbage (real time analyzer)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I prefer the rounf speakers too, but they may help him, it is hard to tell without listening to the car and see what is missing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
there are companies out there that make just woofers, which might be what you need, they come in various sizes. 6x9 woofers only, etc. I do not think that you need to run more tweeters or component/coaxials in your car, so don't waste your money. A nice pair of 8" drivers may be enough to deliver the midbass you are looking for.

The fact remains that you need a subwoofer. This will solve all your problems. What you can do is wire it with your front speakers off channels 1 and 2 of your amplifier, run a subwoofer off of channels 3 and 4 bridged, then wire the rear speakers to your head units internal amplifier. This would be the simplest and best way to do it at this moment. Unless you want to run a separate sub amp, which would be the best way to do it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
He has a subwoofer already atleast that was what I got from his second post, and 8" would solve the problem but those are fun to tune and unless he has 12" sub(s) I wouldn't do one, 10" subs have too close of a frequency response to 8" subs, but that is an option. meee2yo does have a good point to try to find a 6X9 with just a woofer but yours that are lying around are problably full range and if you were buying something new I would go a much different route then 6X9's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts