Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants one and what would you spend on one?

What size wheels would you like them to fit? What options would you like to see (drilled / slotted / etc)?

Rear discs too? How much?

·
Registered
159 Posts
i would like to see one made
i have 17's
and the rear is a must of im gunna be doing the front anyway.

im not good with prices to i have no clue on the price maybe 500 for both? idk

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
i would like to see one made
i have 17's
and the rear is a must of im gunna be doing the front anyway.

im not good with prices to i have no clue on the price maybe 500 for both? idk
I 2nd that. $500 for a kit depending on whats needed maybe less for the rear. I have 16s. Also I wouldnt mind slotted rear with Driled fronts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yep i would love to see a big brake kit for the LC accent it would have to fit 17" wheels in my case. Plus would love to see a straight full bolt on kit for rear discs too. both sets would have to be a fair price plus both i think would should be in a selection of slotted/drilled and slotted and drilled and in my case would need them to be shipable to the UK.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else with any input?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here in Quebec a shop nammed Atelier HP already do this... But about 700$CDN if it's not more. You need to get 15's wheels. And they do the back too. His name is Denis and can be found on Club Accent Québec (in the forum). I'm sure he will help !

I planned to get some bbk if I go with Beta engine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
honestly personaly knowing how much it would all cost in parts and custom parts is gonna be more realisticly around 900-1200 at min for it first bbk which is bigger rotors bigger calipers not to mention x4 and new master cylinder cause the ones from drum brakes has a different pressure read out and all the lines thats if u dont go cheap with it but my accent isnt a honda so im not going cheapy with the brakes cause thats my stopping power im not putting brakes on my car that will potentionaly kill me lol but realisticly a good bbk will run over 1000 not including labor

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
honestly personaly knowing how much it would all cost in parts and custom parts is gonna be more realisticly around 900-1200 at min for it first bbk which is bigger rotors bigger calipers not to mention x4 and new master cylinder cause the ones from drum brakes has a different pressure read out and all the lines thats if u dont go cheap with it but my accent isnt a honda so im not going cheapy with the brakes cause thats my stopping power im not putting brakes on my car that will potentionaly kill me lol but realisticly a good bbk will run over 1000 not including labor
Thats true. Sort of. You got to remember realisticly, we are Hyundai Owners. We dont have a much over $500 to spend on the car anyway...beside we are not talking expensive and flashy we are talk reliable and gets the job done...BETTER. Theres a BBK DIY you can read to frankenstien a known BBK that work using Mitubishi parts and Xg350 parts. That works but not everyne has the time to search. If some was KIND enough to beable to source the parts and put it all together as a "kit" it shouldn't cost a dime over $600 there will prolly even be enough room for them to make $100 or more at that price. So realisticly this is a good idea and if hes serious about it it will get done. Hell I dont need the fancy rotors I can get some from another source to cut the cost of the BBK.

Thats an Idea. Firt decide where your going to get he rotors from and see what cars fit. I know the MINI has a 4x100 bolt pattern. You might want to try and see if they fit cause I know their brakes are 11-12" in the front depending on the cars model: GS, S, or JCW S. Ive been meaning to check it out but no luck getting cheep mini rotors JUST to experament with.

·
Registered
127 Posts
true to that but im just going to go all performance ya other cars stock set up that would be a bbk for us is good and cheap but i thought we were talkin more like an accual aftermarket set up personaly thats what im goin with i got nothin but patients lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Why not use XG350 calipers/pads with Mitsubishi Galant VR4 rotors (can get them drilled, slotted, drilled/slotted) If you have an LC you'll need redrill them to 4x100 but its a proven kit. I've ran it for years and is less than $500 and its using OEM parts so you can trust them...

·
Registered
435 Posts
gumis, what the hell does that have to do with big brake kits for the accent?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
03-accent-03..count me in for the bbk..i'm willing to spend at least $400 on a bbk set..if they make production..

most of us want bigger front rotors and rotor's in the rear..nothing overkill like japako's setup..his look's sick but it's axles are begging to snap with big rotors, big 17's and turbo torque..

i'm ready to put down a deposit if needed.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
03-accent-03..count me in for the bbk..i'm willing to spend at least $400 on a bbk set..if they make production..

most of us want bigger front rotors and rotor's in the rear..nothing overkill like japako's setup..his look's sick but it's axles are begging to snap with big rotors, big 17's and turbo torque..

i'm ready to put down a deposit if needed.
Cool. Anyone else willing (I'll have details in a few weeks if all goes as planned)?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah Im good for it.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the more the merrier, and the more chance we'll finally have the chance of ridding those puny baby rotor's off our 16's and 17s'..

i hope a group buy will give us a fair price..
and give us a choice of a front brake rotor upgrade or rear disc conversion separately or both for hardcore enthusiast's who have the money

and for once, rekindle the fire on LC accent aftermarket performace parts!!

c,mon people sign up for the brake kit, it's now or never..or u'll just be stuck with the canadian $900 BBK from athlier or whatever

·
Registered
435 Posts
i'm down, count me in

1 - 20 of 29 Posts