Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking around for a big brake kit i know its good to have front ones but for the extra safty do the same ones fit the rear? because if im going to upgrade something i rather do it all thank for the help

·
Registered
256 Posts
most big brake kits are designed to work with the stock rear setup. i would try to see if a upgrade in rotor and pad choices works for what you do. if you are autocrossing or actually racing and need a big brake kit then do the front with a high quality kit and then upgrade to a slotted rear rotor and a track suited pad

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so really get the kit for the front and get the one for the tibb that like shark racing or one of them sites offer?

·
Registered
256 Posts
what i am saying is you probibily don't need a big brake kit you could probibily make due with somthing like replacing your rotors with high quality rotors from powerslot and replacing your brake pads with a good color choice from hawk or ebc.

another thing many people forgot to do is upgrade your brake fluid to dot4 or dot5. 9 times out of 10 dot4 is going to be enough for you. and don't just start dumping brake fluid into the master cylinder you will need to bleed your system to get all the old fluid out (dot5 will not mix with any other brake fluid including the residue left over from a lesser fluid)

if you still feel the need for a big brake kit then get one like stop tech or rotora and upgrade your rears like in the first paragraph

hope this helps and remember if you don't know much about this stuff don't mess with it because it is one thing to have your car break down on the side of the road and need a ride home. it's another to not be able to stop at the end of the road and need a body bag home.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help i was so lost in it thats why i didnt tear into it before i got all the facts and then thats why i was talking about up grading brakes so i dont have to slam into a wall at all thank for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts