Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has tried this and what was their experience.... I am thinking about this for 2 reasons.... 1 to clean up the engine bay and little and 2 to see if it will help fix my idle and rpms when they goto return to idle (they drop the rise then drop and stay). If I just plug the line in the IM and leave the plug in so i dont get a cel will the car still run? Cant I just crack open the butterfly in the TB a little bit to copensate for a loss of air? I think the only time it will give me a prob is with the a/c on. Which is why I would open the butterfly a little bit to raise the idle so its not so low w/ the a/c on. Opinions?

[Edited by omgbossis21 on Nov 25, 2005 6:09 AM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know someone has played with this stupid thing ;):

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey it was worth a try. What If I let it suck in atmosphere air?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Dont do it mang, because it will throw all other calculations (hyundai makes lots of assumptions) such as crank angle, and throttle position. What will happen is the ecm will try to command the ISA to set the rpm so when it doesnt happen it will set codes and try to do all kinds of fun stuff.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
sounds like a problem my buddy had with his MR2. Have you checked the thermostat? his idle was 1K->3K->1K->3K all the time. Does this idle problem go away once the car is warmed up?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the idle problem is forever (ie. cold/warm/full warm). Didnt do this before boost.... The isa is a big, ugly piece anyway lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts