Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MAN I almost got the rust off the roof of the sentra I got (there's no windshield) and im all happy that im gonna be enjoying my sentra... when I walk up to it there's some **** leaking from it, a trail of coolant. OK I check all the hoses, examine the t-stat, then I look for where it's coming from: The water pump.If it was the pony, it would take an hour at a leisurely pace, all i'd have to take off is the fan (it's mounted to the water pump pulley) HOWEVER on a sentra, it's pinned underneath several AC conduits, and it's about 1 inch from the frame. Great. Im gonna have to lift up the engine and replace the pump. WTDF!! I HATE FWD! Do you know what im gonna have to do to get at this part? Blast this **** to hell I haven't got a day to do this anytime soon, and the weather is not gonna stay warm like this for long... ****ing hell. Im so pissed.

But the car was free so it's not all bad. Plus when i fix this im gonna fix the p/s hoses too, and then I have to figure out why the electric fans aren't turning on. In any case, is there a webtech for nissans? Like HMA equivalent?

Damn FWD cars. :dead:

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
oh jeez. Talk to endlessmike, Im sure he's experienced these problems with his Sentra :lol:

damnit, looks like he beat me to it :disappointed:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
take off the splash shield, remove the water pump pulley and any accessory belts that might be in the way, disconnect the coolant temp. swich and unbolt the thermostat housing. i havent found that link yet, but still looking.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what to take off.. I was looking at pics of a pump on ebay and it looks to me like the impeller is not that long so I might be able to clear the frame. It still pisses me off that I have to do it. and also the p/s hose is not even attached... no wonder everything leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts