Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well bascially I pulled into a parking spot at my school and put it into reverse to back out, and the tranny pretty much took a **** and died right there...oil all over the ground. If the repair shop we left it at (didn't think I was gonna repair it) hasn't scraped it yet, then I'm looking for a new transmission to get her up and running again...then I'll start with the upgrades gradually.

It's a 2003 GT or GS (not sure exact model, badges were removed), bought used with 20,000 km on it, black tint, and i'm sure a mod or two under the hood but nothing really noticeable other than perhaps a larger air filter. 1.6L DOHC Manual Transmission...tranny went when odometer read 177,xxx km.

What my question is, is how "new" can the tranny be to still match up with the motor? Like can a '04-'05 Tranny still fit up with the '03 1.6L?? Also, if anyone knows any good aftermarket sites, and junkyard/parts sites they would MUCH appreciated as it is hard to find parts for these cars. I am located in Ontario, Port Colborne. (near Niagara Falls, 10 min from Welland if you know those areas.)

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
715 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts