Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of some inexpensive, yet good quality bolt on turbo kits? please let me know some of the things you have had success with. if not a kit, what kind of custom parts have you thrown together?

·
Registered
502 Posts
i put a kit together for 1k. most of the parts were used and in need of a clean up. the only thing custom your car will need are turbo headers and the exhaust, if u plan on boosting 12+PSI u will need a lot more custom work.

·
Registered
502 Posts
OBX isnt a bad company and for what they are giving u I would say its an excelent deal but 4psi sounds a little weak.
:D
just remember you will still need air/fuel management.
I recomend a fuel presure regulator and a safc II (for that low of boost)

·
Registered
502 Posts
internal waistgate means the waist gate is built onto the turbo.
4 psi of boost is the maximum that waistgate is going to let gointo your engine.
Im sure u can buy another internal waistgate and swap them off if you want more boost but that turbo is a t3/t4 so I think 4 psi might be the best choice until u decide to open up the engine and replace pistons rods and other stuff.

waistegates are generaly the only thing stoping the turbo from putting too much boost into your engine.
without a waistgate high RPM's can get to 30 psi, ussualy high psi means your engine must be built to handle it or els you will be watching your engine explode.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what kind of gains do you believe i should expect with only the 4 psi of boost. my best quarter mile time was 16.67. where do you think this amount of boost will put me. atleast untill i can afford to spend more money on forged pistons and what not internally.

·
Registered
502 Posts
at 4psi I'm estimating around 160WHP, and you could be hitting the 14's on the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts