Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is ridiculous... I've spent about a week now trying to locate these f^&*ing bolts

I've got an engine stand and an engine sitting on the garage floor... but I can't for the life of me find bolts so I can mount the engine to the stand.

I've got the factory bolts for mounting the engine to the tranny, obviously... but I need bolts that are at least 2 inches longer to mount it to the stand. Only four freaking bolts!!

I've tried so many places and nobody seems to have what I'm looking for, nor can they even point me in the right direction.

I can't possibly be the only person looking to mount a goddamn engine to an engine stand, can I?? Again... this is just ridiculous.

HELP!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Do you have fastener stores around you somewhere? Here I would just take it to Tacoma screw and they would give me what I was looking for.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently I have nothing anywhere near me other than the dealership that I haven't tried. This is pure down's syndrome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i used the top 2 bolts from the tranny(under water outlet) and those were just long enough to hold the engine to the stand. i threw 2 more bolts into the bottom of the block where lower tranny bolts would go and it didnt even need them. there was no pressure on them what so ever. and i just have a standard Harbor Freight engine stand. just the cheapy kind

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brafasco has them jerkitt, and they have a winnipeg location.
Here is there phone number: Phone: 204.633.8700
Give them a try.
=)

WINNIPEG BRANCH
HD Supply Fasteners & Tools
1645 Dublin Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0G9
Phone: 204.633.8700 | Fax: 204.697.2757

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Make your own bolt then...

...or take the bolts to a machine shop have them measure the pitch (or tell them if you know) and have them cut you a bolt.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
s'all good now

I found some bolts YAYUH!

thanks for all the replies guys

and now the teardown begins... catch you later ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts