Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2117/1617124490_84edf54b2f_o.jpg

Can you see my strut it near the front :O:O:O:O
Well might as well give details. A semi (18 wheeler) decided to do a left turn when i was about to cross the intersection. WTF? Was he blind?!?!?! I was going under the speed limit so i wasn't speeding. and boom head on. WHO THE F%$K turns into on coming traffic :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!! airbag went off. Engine DESTROYED! I took a quick look into the engine compartment and it's literally crushed it even lifted???? Well the car did 2 360 turns and people were amazed when i walked out un harmed thank god.

·
Registered
860 Posts
WOW!!! You are extremely lucky to be alive!! Sorry to hear bout your car though...I dont know what I would do if my car got that damaged, I was lucky that my accident wasnt that bad! But seriously, glad to hear your ok!:)

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
oh no! whered it happen?

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Nobody got a license plate or anything? Name of the truck carrier or cargo company? You would think with that much damage and spinnin a couple of times, SOMEONE would of gotten some kind of info on the truck as it sped away. :confused: What did the police say?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I hope you atleast were able to see the name of the company on the truck or something!! Im sure that if you had that much damage the semi would've had at least a couple paint samples from your car...and for sure when he gets back to the company he is fired for sure if they see what happened!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
860 Posts
That sucks, do you know if it caused any damage?? If it did and you reported it I know that at least in the states if you report a hit and run and the other person goes in to get the damage fixed or at least looked at sometimes if the damage is the same as in the accident report and matches up the cops would be notified!! I dont know if that is the same in your hometown but thought it would help!:D

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
that ****er of a semi dirver probably didn't even feel it since his POS Truck is a couple of ton's heavy..your car hitting his is like a tennis ball hitting a boulder..

I do hope somebody got a description of that trailer..at least report it to the police..a un,marked white semi trailer with damage on the side..

i hope that bastard pay's with his life...the ****!!

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
msvg said:
happened in Brampton
ahhh, not very good buddy. Did you see a turban on the driver? lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tibbychick said:
ahhh, not very good buddy. Did you see a turban on the driver? lol
LOL
I wish I saw the driver at all! I'm so mad right now!

BTw i got my rental from the insurance it's a kia Rio5 go figure... I actually like it :p!

As for my beloved LC, I went today to take EVERYTHING out! Audio/ rims and intake, but the stock one back on.... The Engine actually CRACKED!!!

More pics Note that I had taken out the rims and such already

One Last pic of me with my LC

Rental Car

·
Registered
502 Posts
geezzz that sux so bad. I know for sure with all the time,and energy put into my car I would want to hunt down and kill that damn trucker.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Same here^^^ I would hunt them down too!! LOL!! Your sooo lucky you werent injured, especially with the conditions of the weather and road and whatnot!! Kias aren't that bad, my dad had a Kia Optima and it was pretty nice!:D

·
Registered
502 Posts
seriously from the pics it looks like the strut bar saved your cabin possibly your life too.
your whole passenger side would have been crushed in because the strut was smashed down toward the cabin

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thats why I am getting a strut bar...just in case!!! LOL!!!:D

·
Registered
734 Posts
I can assure you that the strut bar did not help at all in that accident. Its a thin piece of metal. It did nothing, glad your ok bro. Now you have to buy another hyundai:D

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i say he should get a kia rio, much better looking and handling that a accent.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts