Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okie so my mate will be Boosting a Stock 2L Beta!

What is the Most boost/power on a Complety stock 2L Beta Motor.

the 1st time he did the conversion he got 150kw and 285nm @ .5 bars.
that was on a Stand Ecu, he upto to .7 and Kaboom!

1 year later we have dropped another Standard 2L Beta. We will be Using the MegaSquirt MSX Pro with extra injectors this time.

Okie i know there are tons of Variables, but we Have Learn't our lessons, feuling has been sorted, Large FMIC fitted and we will run Conservitive timing. So how far has STOCK BETA Been pushed?

Our base/pump fuel is 95 Octane..

We do know a Stock Beta can Handle 80kw's of gas but 110kw Kaboom!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm sorry...

But w/every forced induction application, upgraded injectors are a must. Were his injectors OEM also? There's a completely stock Tiburon (head/block) here in Alaska that was pushing 14psi for at least 6 months w/out any problems. He has upgraded 550cc injectors and a 190 Walbro fuel pump however.

Howie

·
Registered
7 Posts
At what bar boost does the stock Injector's max out @?
what is the std compression ratio of the beta engine's?
and a Upgraded fuel pump would be a MUST!
Asian what power was that 14psi tib pushing out?Im hearing stories of stock beta engines pushing 400bhp!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Innovate Wideband Lambda Sensor, and a good SAFMS Not a PROBLEM, done it on many turbo cars just never on a N/A BETA....

How far can/has the BETA been Pushed......

·
Registered
77 Posts
28lbs of boost is highest right now i believe. you need to lower compression and go stand alone. a good tune should bring almost 400 out of that. to be safe lower compression and stay around 20 lbs. 25lbs is good for 350hp on a beta.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
optimoprime said:
28lbs of boost is highest right now i believe. you need to lower compression and go stand alone. a good tune should bring almost 400 out of that. to be safe lower compression and stay around 20 lbs. 25lbs is good for 350hp on a beta.
On a Stock UNOPENED BETA? Thats Farken Awsome. A low CR will be better i was Thing of running a Max of 7psi(.5 bar boost)

is that 28PSI achieve with race gas or Water Injection? Is this Guy on the Forum?

28psi thats almost 2 bar boost. no ****ing wayz.............

I know if you octane is high enuff it can make your static compression irrelivent but taht must be close to running 100% Toulene or Xylene (114 & 117 octane)aka NOT STREET LEGAL

even a Fully forged lump will struggle to do 2 bars....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
With 2bars the stock internals will melt in a sec... don't try this :)

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
What a useless post ^^^. Barely makes sense.

With just low compression pistons and a good tune, a beta can push out about 420 whp. This has been proven by tim of turbo elements. The ONLY internal mod was low compression tigerlily pistons. The rest of the internals were bone stock. I believe he was pushing something like 24psi.

A stock beta with a COMPLETELY stock unopened block can push 12-14psi with good tuning and the right fuel components.

Stock beta injectors are good for about 5-7psi MAX..

You n00bs need to learn to search. This information has been covered SO many times..

·
Registered
32 Posts
beta turbo

And this is the unfinished project that asprella is refering to.
We started it yesterday.
I need 550cc injectors.
I used vw/audi 82.5mm kolbern Schmit pistons and have a comp. ration of 8:1
Will fit 550cc inj and megga squirt system.
Asprella ,who is a mate of mine has 177 kw and 333lbs torque on 8 injectors/meggasquirt on a 1.5 scoupe motor and runs 1.5 bars boost on pump gas.The motor internals are still stock and the oil rings are stuffed.
:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts