Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that if I disconnect the vacuum line from the bov/dump valve it makes a better sound. Do I really have to use the vacuum line? I think it's leaking air when the throttle comes off and the car stalls. Without the line the idling is perfect and no leaking air. Help...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If its seems fine without it I dont see how it can hurt it. It sounds like your stalling from running pig rich. My bov releases from pressure alteration, so if I give it gas and let off the gas it opens the bov (even if its in vacuum) and releases air. It doesnt cause my car to stall but causes a temp. rich condtion and occasionally it bogs a little bit. Im almost sure the problem is related to running rich when backing off the throttle. If its fine without the vacuum line hooked up and working (which is strange) I say leave it off. If it causes any problems just hook it back up... However that means the boost is forcing it open, maybe its a sign the bov is not in great shape (just guessing, I know nothing about your bov).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bov was a custom made for a celica which was for drag racing. Maybe it's a little screwed up because it is used. With the vacuum line off though, the car runs perfect. And I mean perfect! First time yesterday I took a ride with my gf and I really enjoyed it. No idling problems, no stupid lag and a very beautiful psss...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts