Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got pulled over yesterday because little did I know, that my brake lights aren't coming on. The third light comes on, but neither of the tail lights do. They will come on if the headlights are on, but no more than that. I checked all the fuzes, and they look good. I haven't taken an in depth look yet...but does anyone have any ideas?

2001 L, yes, i searched about the problem already

thanks

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
time to get a new car....:chinese:

·
Registered
176 Posts
itsa short .. check all the wires in the rear.
my excel had that prob and it was a wire that was fried for some reason just make sure all of your connections are good and not cut or worn

and also check the button under your brake.. that might be worn too.

[Edited by Excel2NR on Nov 5, 2005 9:43 AM]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, well, since we haven't found the problem yet, i'm taking it to hyundai tomorrow.

does anyone know af any reason it shouldn't be covered under the warranty (44.5K miles)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so i don't know why, but it was the bulbs. we took one out and tested it (both parts) and it worked fine. it really pissed me off. oh well, at least it wasn't something major.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine di the same thing once, just burned out both Brake light bulbs.
It's been fine since I replaced them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Before you jump to any conclusions, check to see if the bulbs are burned out and/or if there are any fuses that are blown. If so, replace them. If neither of those two unfortunate conditions exist, then check to see if the stoplight switch ( the switch located underneath the brake pedal ) is working. I will say this though: it is very rare for two brake light bulbs to burn out at the same time. It is also a possibility that the headlight switch is damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts