Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Accent w/tib brake swap and when i got home today i just happened to glance down and noticed my inner pads were wore down quite a bit and the outer pads were hardly wore at all. Can anybody tell me what is going on with this?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quite a bit is 1mm. Shouldnt be more than .5mm. Most likely the guide rod bolts are not lubricated properly to allow the caliper to move so an equal amount of force is placed on both pads. Another possibility is the seals are gone in the piston and not withdrawing the piston enough and is dragging. Sounds like you need some new brake pads. Brakes are not worth the risk of something going wrong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks Machine try like my inside pad is almost completely wore like 2mm left and my outside pad is looking brand new. Thx for the help ill check it out it may be the bogus pads i bought off of ebay left me get some KVR from HP and ill try them. Plus when i 1st got them it did feel like they were dragging some what may be the old calipers i got not sure guess ill just check. Its not affecting my braking i got brakes like hit em and my accent will check the chrome on ur bumper their that good. May just be crap pads.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Whoa, Thats some serious wear problems. Does the rotor look like its wearing evenly, if not its seized guide rod bolts. But you say it brakes okay so doesnt sound like its the guide rod bolts not allowing movement. Do you have any freeplay in the brake pedal, just sounds like you have a dragging problem. Jack it up and see how easily the wheel turns compared to say the rears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts