Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
brake pads for LC - updated autox video and pics

It's time for me to get new pads and I'm looking for something with better performance than oem. I do autocross a couple times a year but mostly it is my daily driver and I still drive it pretty hard. I was looking at Hawks but could not find any that fit my car. It is 2005 4door GLS, automatic, no ABS.

What would you recommend?

·
Registered
737 Posts
ebc makes the green and red for the accents 96-200(5-6?) use the same brake pad

here is a link to one sight that carries them
Ebc Brakes - 1999 Hyundai Accent - AutoPartsWarehouse.com

i think kvr made pads as well not sure if they still do

for occasional autox use a oem style pad will work fine as well, I autocrossed my 2000 all of last year with oem equivalent pads and they held up fine. the only thing you won't have is that good initial bite of a performance street pad. If you are locking up your brakes now with stock pads you might not want to go with something too aggressive.

For heavy use like track days or hard mountain driving(my case) the stock accent brakes overheat quickly, I blame the small rotor size. A pad change won't stop this from happening. even my x3 with tiburon calipers & rotors will fade its brakes under hard enough use.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Also look at KVR Performance Carbon Fiber Pads

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the EBC green stuff. They have very good bite compared to the OEM ones. I only had a chance to put a couple hundred miles on them before the autocross two days ago but the felt very good.
Here are links for pictures and video from the event:

VMSC Autocross 2005 Hyundai Accent on Vimeo
DSC_0271.JPG on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The car is completely stock except for the brake pads and tires (all season performance).

·
Registered
737 Posts
where are you located at?
virginia?

i'm going to try to get down for a danville event at least once next year with the triad sports car club. I'm always looking for new places to autocross that aren't ridiculously far away.

car doesn't look too awfully bad for stock suspension and stock wheels
keep up the autoxing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Richmond and did a couple events at Virginia Motorsports Park with NASA last year. This was my first event with VMSC. Between the two groups there are 4 more autocrosses at VMP in the next 6 weeks.

I'm going to have to put this on hold for a while. I was just laid off from my job today, so money is extremely tight. I'd like to put more into this car, but what I need to do is find one that is more suited to upgrading and racing than this one with 4 doors and an automatic transmission. After I get a new job of course.

·
Registered
737 Posts
sorry to hear that
good luck on the job search
hopefully you'll be back in action next season

1 - 8 of 8 Posts